• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheese and tomato with onion toastie

omg how???i havent had any bread 4..... 9 weeks,my sheet say,s toast is the last thing 2 try after a few months on solids,just shows the diffrent area,s have diffrent advice.yum yum cheese on toast al dream of it now u git lol

The bread does it for me but I couldn't eat melted cheese. I still cant manage a slice of bread (tiny slice of hovis) without suffering.
You lucky person, I hope it chokes you lol. Awww do I heck!
Lynne x

I was worried but had a nibble and the rest, as they say, is history. In fact while out in Haworth on Sunday I had cheese on toast (a cheese scuffler they called it!) in a little café ~ well half a portion then swoped with ‘her who must be obeyed’ and had some pea-pod soup – this was a first but it was fab. We sat watching others eating steak pie and alike ~ one lady had a burger that was nearly as big as ME ! . . . I wanted to tell her to behave but kept mum . . . I understand avoiding bread as when you chew it becomes like dough and clogs up the plumbing but well done toast (the best) is like eating a cracker.

I am hoping to try a chicken stroganoff this weekend . . . maybe goat’s cheese and rocket salad on Sunday xx

Right I'm on my way over to kill you for that banana butty.
Sunday we are going out for a carvery, I don't have much problem with meat as long as I chew it forever with gravy. It will be nice to go out for a change.
Watch out Kevin, i'm coming to get you!!! Keep looking over your shoulder when you are eating sandwitches coz i'm very VERY jealous.
Mwah Lynne x

I cant stop thinking about a banana butty on thick artisan brown nutty bread with butter.
God I hate you Kevin.............. grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Lynne x

I figured the nearest I'd come to eating bread post bypass was by licking it lol.
Sounds yummy. Banana sandwiches are a big favourite of mine.

Omg that sounds soooooo nice!! :(

I haven't eaten bread for about 3 months now, it's one of my biggest downfalls so rather than try and cut down (which I tried many times and failed) I've gone cold turkey and stopped eating it altogether!

I'd kill for a big fat tiger loaf with lashing of butter and extra mature cheddar though!!! Some habits die hard :)

H x

i still dont eat bread and had my op in jan. if i start i dont think i will stop !!

i bet you enjoyed it, i can just to say tollerate half a slice of toast but to have untoasted bread i get very sickly as if i am choking, so i avoid it now, as much as i would love a ham salad sandwich. never mind just have to kill of the old habits and make new ones lol :)

Strange how many of us would kill for a ‘salad sandwich’ mmmmm my secret desire was cheese and tomato or maybe a ham and salad cream in a soft floury bap (hence trying the toasted version!)

I am told our tastes change ~ for me the craving for a chip buttie, bacon and egg (with ketchup) or steak Canadian (minute steaks – cheap but v. cheerful) sandwich has gone and I certainly have no interest in Mc D or alike (never really did) . . . I can trot passed a kebab shop without giving a second thought . . . I was told that this would happen but found it hard to imagine, in fact, I thought the opposite would occur – the cravings for what you were not allowed would become greater !

Speaking purely as a bypasser, I understand that no foods are out of bounds (but let’s be sensible) as bypasser malabsorb but that it’s a case of what you can deal with and, in time, most bypasser can tolerate most foods – this of course if where the danger starts – the body needs the protein so the choices must be the right ones.

xx

Back