• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salmon and broccoli quiche

Big an Bouncy

This is basically the old corned beef quiche we used to do at Slimming World,but I tweaked it to suit us for when protien is paramount.Easy to make,transportable for work and you can change to suit your tastes.Eat hot or cold,good for family buffets.
Tin of salmon
Tub of plain cottage cheese
4 eggs beaten
Lightly steamed broccoli,seasoning to taste
Small amount wholemeal breadcrumbs,sliced tomato
Lightly spray Frylight in oven proof dish
Strain salmon and flake,place with drained broccoli in dish.
Combine eggs,cottage cheese add seasoning and pour over fish and broccoli
Top with breadcrumbs and tomato

pop in medium oven till golden and firm to touch.

Try chicken and sweetcorn,chicken tikka,prawns,whatever you fancy just use the egg and cottage cheese mix too bind it into a quiche.

I used to live on corned beef quiche when I was on slimming world! I had it hot and cold, with onions and peppers, mushrooms....loved it. Im going to make one this week :D XX

I really appreciate these tried and tested recipes. I'm copying them all and plan to try them when I get to that stage. I'd love to know the corned beef version please, in fact any different versions to this.

It's amazing how you can salivate over a recipe when you are only on fluids ... or maybe it's just me. Mary's fish and chips just about finished me off the other day LOL. I'm getting there I know .... thanks again x

The corned beef version is, a tin of corned beef cut into approx 1" chunks. Put into a ovne proof dish, add chopped onion if desired. Mix a 200g pot of cottage cheese with 4 eggs (or 3 large ones) add salt and pepper then pour over the corned beef and bake in the oven. I usually put it in at gas mark 5-6 for 40-50 minutes. Until its coooked in the middle. Its yummy :D and you can have it hot or cold :D XX

Also very nice with cherry tomatoes in, the corned beef one that is... scrape the excess fat off it though first :) Oh yes and i don't put the breadcrumbs in the ones i used to make, less carbs and cant see the point.........

hmmmm, this sounds delicious. Thanks will try it

Back