• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

chest tightness

buglady

hi everyone longtime no hear!! as some of you may know ive had a few probs with my band a few leaks here and there but im back on track now i had a big fill on thursday and was just wondering after having my band for a year and a half now if this chest tightness i have is band restriction. I feel like sometimes i cant breath fully and it stiffles my whole big breath i feel a sharp pain when food hits the band area not massivly uncomfortable but strange i know its tight i can eat sloppys at the mo till tonight when i can go back to solids but im not looking foward to it if im honest. The tightness is not all the time more so in the morning. I dont know if im being silly but this feeling is def not one ive experienced before? Is this what the right restiction feels like im able to eat and drink ,not big gulps but food is going down . I went from 6 mls to 10mls because before i had my last op for a leeky band i had 11.5 on a fill but im not sure now if it was the 11.5 ml fill that caused a leek and that was always too much my surgeon said i would notice a big difference but i i guess i diddnt think it would be as painful? what do you think banders what does your optimal restriction feel like? thanks!!

TBH, this sounds like you might be a bit tight, but then you only had a fill on Thursday.

As long as you can do fluids, thats ok but when you go back to solids and if you find nothing works, go back for a little defill, as you may be too tight.

Getting the sweetspot can be like fine tuning a piano :)

Hiya Buglady .

Re tightness of the chest , I dont get this all the time , but I have had it & the best way I can describe it is like someones sitting on my chest but I know thats when I have had enough too eat, but NEVER with pain EVER and I dont get this all the time, but occasionally I do and once I stop eating this feeling normally dissapears quite quickly as the food starts to go down. As you just have had a big fill and keep an eye on this situation incase it escalates. Wishing you all the very best - MeJulie xxx

I feel the same tightness as you describe but at the first sign of this I try to stop eating. If I carry on that is when I can call the feeling 'pain' which lasts until the food goes down a little then it becomes more comfortable.
see how you go but it shouldn't be painful really so you made need a little bit of fluid taken out
after my first fill I did feel more tightness but I think this gets a little easier after a time so best to wait and see how things go before rushing for a defill
the next few days will show if its too tight but keep drinking and if it is more painful or gets tighter you may have to go back
Best wishes
jo XX

thanks cas i guess cause ive had the band for a year and a half now and it hasnt worked for ages ive forgotten what it feels like to have restriction and julie yes you are right it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and thanks jo im going to give it a couple of weeks to see how it goes i have a next app booked for 10th feb so hopefully ill survive till then and loose the weight i have gained while it hasnt been i action! thanks everyone !! xx

Hi Alison!

Nice to see you back and Im glad your problems have been sorted. Sounds like restriction to me, I also feel more restricted in the mornings.

Take it easy, chew and Im sure you will be fine x

Back