• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band question

serenitylove

hi guys well yesterday i had a fill now usually at fill they just pop a little in and im straight back to normal no swelling just a little extra tightness/restriction which doesnt go till i need next fill but this time i had band emptyed then refilled and a biggish fill and im sooooooo tight i can drink ok but food wize had soup yesterday and today im down to about 3 teaspoons of cereal for brekkie, 5 dessert spoons of chunky veg soup for lunch and same for tea . i know im swollen from fill as i can feel it [same as first few days post op] how long does this last after a fill for those that have had it ? i dont mind eating so little but im not used to the uncomfortable feeling and cant say i much care for it lol

I had just noticed in your menu that you had very little to eat and thought it was quite strange................ now I know why!!
I dont think I can answer your question as im not as experienced as you but I know my swelling goes down after about 2/3 days if that helps, I had my 3rd fill last Saturday!

Hope you feel better soon x

I had just noticed in your menu that you had very little to eat and thought it was quite strange................ now I know why!!
I dont think I can answer your question as im not as experienced as you but I know my swelling goes down after about 2/3 days if that helps, I had my 3rd fill last Saturday!

Hope you feel better soon x

thanks hun that helps i just dont usually get this after a fill so wasnt sure its nice eating so little but not something that would be healthy for more than a week i think if that makes sense , will give it a few days and if no better will ring clinic incase i need a wee bit back out again

it sounds as if you may be a little tight, this wil most likley go away after a few days, if the restriction is held after a few days to this intensity and you cant manage, then you may need a slight defill to allow you to be able to get enough food through.

let me kmow how you get on, please remember to try and keep your fluid intake up as if the band is to tight then water is important.

liz x

it sounds as if you may be a little tight, this wil most likley go away after a few days, if the restriction is held after a few days to this intensity and you cant manage, then you may need a slight defill to allow you to be able to get enough food through.

let me kmow how you get on, please remember to try and keep your fluid intake up as if the band is to tight then water is important.

liz x

cheers liz i love being full on a few mouthulls but realistcly i coulnt cope full time like it will let you know, hopefully it will ease a little over weekend and will make sure i drink plenty

Hi Serenity

I have to be on liquids for 3 days post fill then sloppies for this very reason, its a bit frustrating because you dont know if you have enough in until almost a week after!

Give it a few days and Im sure you will be fine, good luck! x

Heyy
I was really really tight after my last fill and had that uncomfortable feeling and wasnt able to eat very much at all. But after a week that uncomfortable feeling went and I was just left being able to eat a small amount. This amount is increasing and changes every day. Its a bit annoying really.

I'm interested - i can remember reading somewhere that your supposed to go back to liquids for a period of time immidiately post fill, is this true ?
I'd read that the increase in band size causes swelling and bruising and you have to let that go down before you can pass food through the band restriction ?

I'm interested - i can remember reading somewhere that your supposed to go back to liquids for a period of time immidiately post fill, is this true ?
I'd read that the increase in band size causes swelling and bruising and you have to let that go down before you can pass food through the band restriction ?
im always intrested in this myself because every clinic gives different advice im told to have liquids only day of fill then back to normal next day and have always done this no problem although im going to stick to mushies for a few days as im a bit more swollen than normal i think, some clinics advise liquids and mushies for upto a week just depends where you live and who you see

Heyy
I was really really tight after my last fill and had that uncomfortable feeling and wasnt able to eat very much at all. But after a week that uncomfortable feeling went and I was just left being able to eat a small amount. This amount is increasing and changes every day. Its a bit annoying really.

thanks thats been really helpfull, you will get used to the day to day changes in restriction mine changes when im stressed or ill and if i have pmt i can usually eat more lol weird how it all works

im always intrested in this myself because every clinic gives different advice im told to have liquids only day of fill then back to normal next day and have always done this no problem although im going to stick to mushies for a few days as im a bit more swollen than normal i think, some clinics advise liquids and mushies for upto a week just depends where you live and who you see

It makes sense to go back to liguids or mushies for a period of time - think about it when something moves about inside it needs time to settle down, just like when you had the band placed they make you go on liquids and then sloppies and you dont get an immidate fill !

When i looked into a band i can remember reading that you cant have solids after a fill.

As I said earlier in the thread thats what I have to do, 3 days liquid and 3 days sloppy, back onto 'normal' food after a week post fill. Each provider seems to offer differing advice some straight back to normal foods but most advise liquids at least for the rest of the first day.

thanks thats been really helpfull, you will get used to the day to day changes in restriction mine changes when im stressed or ill and if i have pmt i can usually eat more lol weird how it all works

I totally get the stressed thing. If im eating and I get a phone call about work or something I get so het up and find it hard to keep eating! I try and eat when I know I wont be disturbed...how sad is that lol

ive always been told liquids the rest of the day i have the fill then start to experiment with food textures the next day to see what i can and cant tollerate, as if restrictions there its there from the start of the fill, ive always been fine but all surgeons have there own rules.

Hi not had a fill yet but have been told same as Mazza 3 days of liquids and 3 days of soft foods after every fill, we all get different advice but i suppose its best to follow what we were indivudually told Mia

Hi Serenity, I noticed on your thread about your fill and you saying you had 1ml in which was the most you had had in at any time. Maybe its just too tight for you. I am going to have some of mine taken out because I can't eat anything without vomiting after every mouthfull. this has stopped my weight loss and this month I've lost 2lbs where as before I was losing around a stone a month. If you still feel the same once the swelling has gone down then ask for .5ml to be taken out and see how you go.Good luck and hope you start to feel some comfort when you eat soonxx

Hi Serenity, I noticed on your thread about your fill and you saying you had 1ml in which was the most you had had in at any time. Maybe its just too tight for you. I am going to have some of mine taken out because I can't eat anything without vomiting after every mouthfull. this has stopped my weight loss and this month I've lost 2lbs where as before I was losing around a stone a month. If you still feel the same once the swelling has gone down then ask for .5ml to be taken out and see how you go.Good luck and hope you start to feel some comfort when you eat soonxx

thanks iv just been reading your thread im not as bad but not far off what your going thru going to give it till wednesday and if no better im going back hope you get your sorted xx

Back