• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap Band Diets

honey-dd

Just wondered really:D, when your at the right tightness with your band what can you eat what cant you eat and ,what do you eat and how much on a daily basis?.

i know im being nosey but im just wondering and looking forward to my first fill(already have 4 mils but think it may well be 2 when aspirated:))and wondered what other peoples diets are like

I haven't had a fill yet, that comes in 2 weeks time but I have some restriction as apparently I have a small amount in the band but not sure how much maybe 1 or 1.5 cc.

I had more after the surgery and it is fading off a bit but a typical day for me now might be:-

Breakfast
Coffee half hour before my
Quaker Micro Oats with semi skimmed milk

Lunch
About 2-3 mini fillets of chicken
Some kind of potato like boiled or mash (occasionally a few oven chips)
Mixed vegetables

Afternoon
A yoghurt or other milky pudding

Dinner
Fish fillet, potato and vegetables
Creme caramel (lowfat)

I drink about a litre and a half of fluids plus 2-3 cuppas.
No snacking though. Just stick to this routine.

I have been out to eat too and that was really nice, being able to eat what I liked but so so much less of it.

A typical day in the past would have been:-

Breakfast
Cereal
2-3 Slices of toast

Cuppa and Biccies (sometimes half a pack)

Lunch
Big plate of pizza, chips etc...with a pudding to follow.

More Biccies in afternoon.

Dinner
Ate out more than I ate in, too many take aways pizza, chinese etc always with some big pudding.

I can now admit to this.....

Hi Caz your diet now is what I have been doing for 3 months,lost 32lb.Looking forward to my band now

I think I'm at about the sweet spot now....been filled to 6.5cc in a 9cc band and this is a typical day

Breakfast
1 weetabix with milk

Lunch
½ tin beans with a little grated cheese on top

Dinner
Side plate of mince, onions and gravy with maybe 1 carrot

I also have a couple of cup a soups and a couple of choc option drinks.

The weight should be dropping off me but I can still eat bloody choccie biscuits....must stop lol

Amanda

and I should just tell you mince is the only meat I can eat,
Tried smoke smoked mackerel yesterday (you know the ones you get vacuum packed and ready cooked) There were 3 pieces in the pack....ate one and PB'd for the next hour!!!

Thats why I keep going back to the choccie biscuit...I know I'll feel ok with them

Why not try a Cadbury highlights mousse instead of the biccie. It will give you a choccie fix but very low fat and calories.

You must stop the biccies....LOL

(Like I can talk.....ginger nuts dunked in tea are my downfall):break_diet:

im not at sweet spot yet iv got 5ml in a 14ml band so far

i have

boiled egg and 2 slices of weightwatchers bread for breakfast

salad sandwich and quavers for lunch

fish and veg for evening meal

if i snack i have fruit most of time pmt week i have freddie frog if i need a choccy hit
i have been really bad today tho and ate chocolate so going for a bike ride tomorow to make up for it

I have 6.5ml in a 10 ml band and am waiting for my second fill appointment. Up till now the only thing I have not coped with is bread but I can eat that now too without problem - had a low fat tuna mayo sarnie on granary bread for lunch today with no problems....roll on that fill!

I think I'm at about the sweet spot now....been filled to 6.5cc in a 9cc band and this is a typical day

Breakfast
1 weetabix with milk

Lunch
½ tin beans with a little grated cheese on top

Dinner
Side plate of mince, onions and gravy with maybe 1 carrot

I also have a couple of cup a soups and a couple of choc option drinks.

The weight should be dropping off me but I can still eat bloody choccie biscuits....must stop lol

Amanda

er hum choccie biscuites there not on your daiy diet sheet when do you have them? !!!!lol

I had an 8.5 ml fill and for the past 2 weeks threw up everything that I ate.
I had some removed and I am down to a 7.2ml fill and its great. I have decided to eat as I would on the SW plan to make sure that I am eating plenty of fruit and veg with some adaptions.
So far I have achieved 3 days (today is day 4) and I sneakily weighed this morning and have lost 3lbs!
I have posted a diet plan on the SW diary thread if anyone is interested.

Hiya
I have always wanted to know what other banders eat, and how much etc, as I went for the "no frills" option and have no aftercare, its difficult to know what, when and how much I should be having. I am under the care of an obesity team at University Hospital Coventry & Warwick,but in normal NHS fashion only get an appointment with the dietician from this team every three months, the consultant every six months and the psychologist has gone awol. I have managed to get my next dietician appointment earlier than normal because I called and said that I really need some advice and will be seeing her on the 27th November, I have also managed to get to see another shrink on November 26th, so am looking forward to those. THe last 10 days have been hell, I could eat and have been eating for England. I cannot face weighing myself, but estimate I have gained a good 7-10 pounds. THe positive side, I have exercised every day this month with the exception on two days, so 13 out of 15 days and on some days have done two lots of exercise. Also have a band fill being done tomorrow at the Harley Street offices of the WLS Group. I have 5mils in a 10 mil band. The last fill of 1 mil almost lasted me 6 weeks, which was pretty good going as the one before that only gave me a good restriction for 17 days. I am looking forward to having the right tweak. Anyway,hope some of you seasoned banders (had mine 4 months ago), can give us some good ideas on what sort of things you eat on a daily basis etc. ;)

MyNewLife

Hi just a quick question I thought once you got to the right restriction then that was it? How come it only lasts for a certain amount of time?

Dee xx

Hiya
when you have a band fill, it makes your tummy swell, this is why they advise you to do a phased-back-to-food approach of 3 days liquids (following band fill), 3 days of mushy food and then back to normal textured food. As everyone is different, everyone's swelling takes different periods of time to go down. Once the swelling goes down, your stoma (the opening between the top pouch and the lower part of your stomach) allows more food to go through, and you tend to eat a bit more. The band has to be tweaked anywhere from 2-10 times, depending on the individual, to get the right amount of restriction. The right amount of restriction comes when you have had a band fill, and the swelling has gone down, and you feel full quicker, dont eat as much and start consistently losing weight, even if it is only 1/2 pound a week. Bit long winded, but hope this helps.

MNL:)

Hiya
have you had any fills yet? The first fill I had I felt restriction for about 17 days, and then it went downhill. I think the majority of banders, who get their first fills, don't have restriction for very long. My second one was better, and last nearly 6 weeks. Everyone is different, some people only need 2 fills and yet others may have as many as 8-10. This is what I have been told anyway.
regards

MyNewLife

Back