• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chilli and spicy stuff

Hi - one for you post-op sleevers out there - just wondering if you react quicker to chilli and spicy things? My wife asked me earlier if I would and I don't remember anyone mentioning it!

Since my op I've had no interest in spicy food, it's like I've no desire to eat it. You will know what you want as you heal..before I use to eat ice cream, like tubs a day..now it makes me actually throw up! I can't even eat a spoon of it!

I actually want my foud to be spicy and very strong in flavours. Spicy not just heat wise. I still cant handle more than medium (well used to be korma and mild pre surgery) ;) but salty, spicy, sour!! All good aslong as its a strong flavour for me :)

It really depends on a person abd their body. Some people cant tolerate spicy food some are just fine :)

I was sleeved nearly a year ago, I can't tolorate spicy foods in any way shape or form. A while ago a tried a sw tikka massala and put some greek yoghurt to tone it down but was in agony for a few hours after I ate it. like whats already been said it all depends on you and your body, you can try the food if you wanted to. I was and have and never been told to avoid spicy food by my dietician team

Hmm good to know. As with everything I've read on here I guess it's personal! Many thanks all :) x

Back