• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

spicy food post bypass

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Pre op I cooked and ate a lot of spicy food, and I was wondering whether i can still eat this post bypass?

Or even not very spicy currys and chillis etc?

My daughter has asked for lentil curry for tea tonight. I am still on puree food but I was wondering if i can puree the curry or would that make me poorly?

It's all homemade and the only fat I add is a drizzle of olive oil at the start to soften the onions....

Thanks in advance

Rx

Ive read that a few people have started to enjoy spicy food more post op Rosie. I guess as we are eating so little its nice if its as tasty as possible.

If you are on puree, then I dont see why you wouldnt be OK with curry. The lentils will be great for your protein intake and as long as its not full of fat or sugar you should be fine.

I must admit I was wary but during the weekend I worked nights and we had the manager on who loves to cook. But he cooks healthily, no fat or salt etc.

One night we had king prawn curry. I didn't have any rice or nan breads and the other night we had chilli, again, no rice etc.

I obviously couldn't eat much but I had no side effects what-so-ever.

I am 12 weeks post op :D

Not bypass I had a sleeve

Last edited:
I pureed chicken fajita's (without the tortila) it was just chicken, peppers, onion & mexican seasoning. It was lovely and didn't have any bad side affects. I also had chicken creole exactly the same ingrediants with creole sauce, I am 7 wks post op bypass

Yeah hun - I ate curry and chilli as soon as I was on solids - not a lot obviously, but its fine to have xx

I think most people seem ok with spicey foods post op, I personally can't eat it any more which is a shame as I love a chilli or a good curry.
I can't eat onions or anything pickled either :-(

Back