• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

choose and book

scorpion

Six Month Post Op
has any one had similar experiences on the nhs that you need to book an appiontment and the are none available when you ring up or look on line to book. so the tell you they will inform the cklinic you need one and they will reply in 14 days. just to get a letter from choose and book to say you havent made an appiontmant and should ring up to make just to be told they havent got any appiontments and all they can to is inform the clinic again. up until know my path to surgery has been relatively smooth but long i recieved conformation of funding back in feb and saw shaw sommer about a month ago.
should i just wait for an appionment or should i chase this and if so who with? my gp has also sent a letter to the clinic
dave

Hi Dave,

No experience of choose and book so can't help there sorry. It's worth persevering, you will get there in the end.

Shel

Yep, I've had this many times in fact every time I've been referred by my GP and received the choose & book there have never been any appts. You can go back to the GP to widen the amount of hospitals to see if there are any or you can ring them and find out .. I think they have to see you within so many weeks anyway. I was told once I was in the system they would see me within 14 weeks so not too worry that there were no appts. But when I got the new referral with all the local hospitals on instead of only a few I got an appt at another one within 2 weeks.

Good luck! it's very frustrating!

Last edited:
Back