• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scorpion

Six Month Post Op
i have had funding agreed by my pct in kent since feb08, i have been to see dr shaw summers at st richards in chichester who said i would need to go to the sleep clinic, i am a naughty boy and didnt go for two years as most people with a cpap will agree they are uncomfortable to sleep with on at night. the problem is that the gp wrote to me telling me to ring choose and book to make an appiontment and they havent got any at the two hospitals listed. they couldnt tell me when they where booked up until or when they would have one. i have been back to the gp who has written to them. i am so p1ssed off, i am worried that i could lose funding in the mean time. i was told at st richards the wait time was 3-6 months i am concerned that it may take longer than this to see the sleep clinic.
dave

Hi Dave, welcome to this part of the forum :)

Hopefully your GP's letter will get you bumped up the queue, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

thanks for the words of encouragement, you know what its like two step forward one step backwards, i just really as everyone on here does get on with it, reguardless of the risks the benefits are just so great sort of hoped to have it befor the end of october so life for me really could begin at 40,
dave

Hi Dave and welcome to Minis. You will find plenty of support here. If you want your op done so that life can begin at the big 40 you need to be pro-active and make sure you sort that appointment out!!! No more lurking!! Good luck :)

Good luck Dave x

Hi Dave,

Well done on getting funding and I hope it gets sorted for you.

Love Mini xxx

Back