• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas on your own??

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Wishing all of you on your own a "Very merry Christmas and a very happy new year" I felt I did something realy magical yesterday for peeps on there own. I knew that there was a few of my friends in this predicament (on there own) so I phoned around my friends businesses and have arranged for 7 people to eat christmas lunch at one of my friends restaraunt (taking in mind the venue in question is closed christmas day to the public). 1 x couple bringing the prawns for the starter, my friend with the restauraunt is cooking the main meal , another is making the pudding, and another bringing a bottle of asti wine. They are all delighted that lunch will be served at 2.00 they are within walking distance from the restaurant, and I can now eat my christmas lunch with all my family without feeling for people who dont have the privelage of family around them at christmas time. If anyone out there can do the same then do it!! you wont believe how wonderful it makes you feel. Kind regards Gail x

Last edited:
What a lovely caring and thoughtful person you are, I know that there must be 1000's of people who would love you for a friend xxxxxxxxxx
I wish you a magical christmas and hope you get everything you deserve xxxxxxxxxx

!

Thank-you fbnf4e, Blackpool is a holiday town as most of you know, and there is a lot of people leave family behind to start a new life here so they think!!. I for 1 always say the grass is never greener on the other side, and at a time like this I think you realy do need your family and friends. I dont have a huge family but we are very close knit. Kind regards Gail x
What a lovely caring and thoughtful person you are, I know that there must be 1000's of people who would love you for a friend xxxxxxxxxx
I wish you a magical christmas and hope you get everything you deserve xxxxxxxxxx

thats lovely darling.
im on my own,wont be having christmas desperatly trying to forget it.xx

That is so wonderful of you GM. We have invited many friends who are on their own over to ours for Christmas dinner. It does make you feel much better.

I went for a meal last week with mums from school one mum said
that the grass is not greener on the other side infact its often covered in dog **** !!!
made me laugh so much and more than often so true xxx

thanks gail darling xxx

What a lovely and thoughtful thing to do Gail. You are a special person.

From a totally personal perspective, I was relishing the thought of Christmas on my own, I wouldnt have to get dressed, could slob about all day and watch rubbish tv but my mum wants me over at hers - hey ho!

i agree caroline good idea. for me i think its just i dont want to get upset thinking of steve. oh and the fact that my sister has been so awful. xx

i agree caroline good idea. for me i think its just i dont want to get upset thinking of steve. oh and the fact that my sister has been so awful. xx

Just think of something positive like your RNY and banish negative thoughts.

What a lovely thing to do Gail.
Thats what Christmas is all about.
I hope you have a wonderful time, you deserve to x

So very thoughtful Gail, you have a heart of Gold!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Love Mini xxx

I think GM you and me are very much alike (apart from the fact my bum is so much bigger and your a gorgeous blonde)...

I get so much more pleasure from the giving than the receiving.

You enjoy your christmas day as your friends will.

Mandy? You may be alone but you have no cooking or washing up to do, you can sneak under the duvet and watch some good ole fashioned tv without arguing over who's watching what! Next Christmas you will be a different person my darling xx

thanks hun. good job i dont my cooking is awful lol. oh yes ill be under duvet on sofa watching tv . love my big tv. happy christmas xxx

Back