• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas weight gain

lisa1983

Hello :)
I haven't been on here for a while. But always no that if I need help everyone on here so supporting and am hoping some advice can be given.
I lost 7stone and reach my goal of 10stone 10 lb before Christmas.
But since then I can not stop eating and gained 4 lb so am 11.1 I've never gained over Christmas before so a little shocked (even more so that I was ill for 3 day started Christmas Day)

Any help /advice would be great please??
And happy new year to you all X

Hello :)
I haven't been on here for a while. But always no that if I need help everyone on here so supporting and am hoping some advice can be given.
I lost 7stone and reach my goal of 10stone 10 lb before Christmas.
But since then I can not stop eating and gained 4 lb so am 11.1 I've never gained over Christmas before so a little shocked (even more so that I was ill for 3 day started Christmas Day)

Any help /advice would be great please??
And happy new year to you all X

It's good you've managed to catch it early. You can do something about it before it gets too high. Being ill throws your body off a little, I wouldn't worry yet, just do something about it.

Like you I too have gained weight,been off work since Christmas eve eve and return back tomorrow and have gained 5 lbs due to no real routine, eating rich foods, not really walking anywhere and picking at stuff I'm hoping that once I'm back at work,a routine in place and all the Christmas treats gone from the house my weight gain in time will melt away
Hope you get control of your life as well

Hi Lisa and welcome back hunni.... its the place to be in times of need ehhhhh...... a gain is never welcome BUT its a vicious circle, jump off quick and get control back before it creeps up anymore...... a 10lb gain here feels like a mammoth task to tackle...... one day at a time too...back to basics they will soon be off..... it soooooo easy to do over the festive period, i'm not going to say its to be expected BUT lets not be hard on ourselves 'tis the season to be jolly' :) we just need to know when to stop x x x x good luck keep posting, let us know how your doing

If you put your mind to it you could be posting this time next week to say those pounds are gone Good luck

I was able to loss seven pounds gain in a week last year

I started an on line challenge and this year I have lost 10lbs in 9 days. I started the Atkins induction on the 2nd January

Come on girls you can do it!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for support? Since I got over my sickness I have been back to gym only twice and I have been out running which I love three time to start back training for 1/2 marathon again.
Just don't know weather I will need another in full as haven't had one in year and on some web sites it say to have a small in fill every year due to band stretching slightly as anyone else had this.?

Back