• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help....have I damaged my band?!!!

lovelyzobo

Ok bad bad girl.....old habits are so hard to break....but in simple terms I mixed my drinks and I was ill and was sick. To be fair I am hardly ever sick as I hate it so much I'm careful.....but it was my first proper night out, works Christmas party!

I'm am now sat here petrified I've done something to my band, I can't seem to find any information at all on the Internet or from my provider.....at only 6 weeks out I am scared!

I've learnt my lesson big time....big slap for me......but any help advice suggestions or just a slap, gratefully received!

Oopseydaisy I could kiss you......been sat here fretting, that it will have slipped etc.....but drinking with no problems and it's talking to me this morning (saying bad girl, bad drunken girl, I'm sure!).......but you've made me see it a little more practically.....

Good girl today I promise. Xxx

If you vomit regularly, your pouch and tissue round the band become inflamed and don't support the band. It's not the actual vomiting that causes the band to slip as such it's the constant inflammation which breaks down the tissues. So the nurse told me at my fill as I was worried about a slip because I can eat too much at the one sitting. Certainly more that a muller rice yoghurt pot of food as recommended by my dietitian.

The nurse said if I don't have full restriction my food will be going down ok. With restriction you feel a pressure in your chest or be that slimed sick way if you eat too much

So let's hope she is not talking nonsense because my dietitian told me if I eat regular large portions my band could slip. But I was her first weight loss patient and she is very very new. I try to avoid full portions just in case but I can eat them without a single problem or any discomfort

Last night I came home after a works lunch and a bit of a booze up. Went into Burger King at the station and bought chicken nougats and chips and scoffed the lot with no problem:-( :-( :-(

Back