• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chubby Newbie Needs Advice Please x

k8y bear

Fair Fat and over Fourty!
:wavey: Hi,I am new to this site and looking forward to hearing others opinions. I have recently had my letter from the hospital telling me i am now on the waiting list to see Mr Khan. It states there is a waiting period of 18 weeks to see him, i have been on the 6 month weight loss plan and feel so relived as i have been chosen to have the op. I didnt think they were going to choose me, cant tell you how happy i am now!! Has anyone else here had Mr Khan as their surgeon, i have met him and he seems lovely. Do you have to have a camera into your tummy to see if it's ok at all?:yuk:

Hi and welcome to this wonderful support forum.

There are many of us, pre and post op from Walsall Manor. Mr Khan is a wonderful man and you are in safe hands with him. Have a look at the Walsall Massive thread on here (its very very long!) but its where most of us post about our walsall experiences and just general chit chat. As Julie said, we also have a facebook group, and a monthly support meeting at Great Wyrley. You would be most welcome to come and join us.

I look forward to following your journey x

Hello and welcome to the madhouse!

Hope you find all of your answers to your questions. If not, just ask.

Good luck on your journey :)

hi and welcome
read through all the posts you will find lots of answers to your questions there
if not ask someone will have the answer
im new here as well
but have found they are a very helpful and friendly bunch
good luck on your journey

Hello, welcome and good luck on your WL journey.

Hi and welcome!

I'm always jealous of people who can go to the support group for Wallsall Manor - they all seem to have such a good time!

Good luck xx

Hello, i have had 2 other appointments now...one for a blood and breathing tests 16th june and one to meet the anaestheitist on 30 June, i was begining to get worried, i really didn't think they were goin to fund me, but i have found out now they have, i think the letter was a worst case senario saying 18 weeks to see Mr Khan, i think i will get my op date when i go for the 2nd ap. Are you under Mr Khan?

Thats brilliant news, whoop whoop xxx
Thanks, I nearly wet myself when i got the letter, lol, it just takes such a long time to get to this stage...its like an emotional roller coaster, and you feel like you are jumping through hoops at certain points. Even though it states "your impending surgery" on the letter, I still can't belive it untill i am in that bed awaiting Mr Khan to start operating on me. Roll on 30th June..i should get my date then, and hopefully it wont be too long to wait.

Hi Good luck K8y bear, i am not under mr khan , but wanted to wish you luck, your find this site very helpful xx

Thanks, I nearly wet myself when i got the letter, lol, it just takes such a long time to get to this stage...its like an emotional roller coaster, and you feel like you are jumping through hoops at certain points. Even though it states "your impending surgery" on the letter, I still can't belive it untill i am in that bed awaiting Mr Khan to start operating on me. Roll on 30th June..i should get my date then, and hopefully it wont be too long to wait.

Unless they have changed the system again, you will not be given a date for surgery at the second appointment. They are supposed to send you a letter 3 to 4 weeks before surgery.

tranquil

Hi, im a newbie, ive been watching the site and reading what people have written. i had a gastric bypass on 30 april 2010, and when i went to clinic 5 weeks later had lost 19 pounds. im only tiny at 4'8 and my bmi was just coming up to the 40 level, i had the op because i desperately need spinal surgery, ive already had 2 and this next one is going to be a really big one, so i had to lose weight before they can carry it out. so far im doing fine, am just going onto a normal diet now, although i am being careful, i feel a lot better in myself and can see the weight coming off now. the only downside is that i can no longer take anti inflammatories, which i was taking on a daily basis for my back, so my back pain is actually worse now than i was before, but hopefully it wont be too long before i can have my back op done and then the pain should decrease although i have been told i will never be pain free, the fact that it will decrease is enough for me. i had my wls at salford royal under mr ammori. and am looking forward to a better future now.

Unless they have changed the system again, you will not be given a date for surgery at the second appointment. They are supposed to send you a letter 3 to 4 weeks before surgery.

Hi Tranquil, it does say on the letter that my "prposed" surgery date will be cofirmed if i pass the two apps, the latter one being the appointment with the Aneastheitist. Have to laugh though, i had rang the hospital only few days earlier and was told they weren't sending people for appointments for a while. I completed the level 4 weight management programe in April, is that what you have been on? I have been "in the system" for over two and a half years from GP refferal to this stage :argh: I was put on this last year and told not to expect the op as not everyone gets it. It has to go to a pannel of people, not the Doctors, and they decide who gets funding.
Thankfully i have been given the funding now and am just waiting. :bliss:
All said i would love to hug the person that said yes...oh yea and Mr Khan, Dr Hartland and the team!! lol :kissass:

I had my first appoinment at walsall last week and am now booked in to see mr Kendrick and dietician etc. How ever a lot of people have been put on weight managment programs the doc i saw said nothing about this just that i would get surgery due to my size but was 9 month weight. was he just spinning me one?:break_diet:
Hope you get your date soon seam to have waited long enough for it.
:D

:wavey: Hi Linda, Where do you live as it has been a new thing for people that live in Walsall...or so i was told waaayyy back in Oct 08, I recently met a lovely lady from Cannock who was refferd and operated on within 8/9 months, thats because the funding was already there for them.
After reading the many messages on here and talking to other patients..i am sooooo confused as to how they decide who is next on the list and what the protocol is for Walsall patients??:d'oh:
Good Luck though, I might have the wrong end of the stick.....That wouldn't be the first time!!! lol:8855:

Hi Bear, Im new to this site too. You have had a long enough wait so I am wishing you well when you go to your appointment at the end of June. I bet your just counting the days away...Good luck with your journey xx

hi k8y bear nice to meet u.Ive been fighting for funding for 25months now.I fit into the criteria when i first applied they asked me to do a 6month weight-loss which i did when i applyed again they said i didnt fit into the criteria anymore.I contacted my MP to contact the pct the pct then advised me to get my GP to apply for individual funding for an exceptional case did u have to do any of that or do u have any advice please.:confused:

Last edited:
Back