• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh Boy

tartanlady

Hi All new to this forum so thought would hopefully get some encouragement from some of you under Mr Khan lol.

Well I did have gastric bypass performed by the man himself when he worked in Birmingham back in the late 80's before keyhole lol.

Went back to see about 10 years ago when weight started piling back on to find out couple staples had burst and he wanted to do gastric bypass this time round all set for it then WHAM got turned down on funding.

So a few more years have gone by a few more stones piled on arthritis getting worse 8 mi's 10 stents and was asked to go and see someone at my local hospital while waiting for heart bypass surgery was sent as urgent referal what a joke that was sent out in Dec 2011 ended up having my heart bypass in January 2011 and still going to see someone about getting referred back to mr khan was told that i qualify by the people at Russells hall and they were going to present my case at the next meet March this year so off i toddles back to see the outcome to be told they had wrote to my dr and asked him to refer me to Mr Khan so looks like back to square one :( just waiting to hear from the team at walsal for initial consult might give the secretary a call to see if they got the referral letter which the dr dictated while I was in the room so know it was done anyone recently had any luck with Sandwell PCT was told it was the hardest one to get funding from in fact at Russells hall they kept suggestingI change my drs to a Dudley one for that reason but I like my dr its not easy to find one you can get on with shouldnt have to do that surely. Anyway rant and waffle over lol.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time with everything at the moment :(
When you want any type of WLS done, unless you can pay for it, you have to push, push, push... then push a bit more!
I'm sure in the end everything will work out fine for you, it just may take a little while longer as you prefer to stay with the doctor that you have now rather than change.
And yes, it really does suck that if you did change you might get your op faster, things really shouldn't have to work like that. I hope that you have some good news soon x

DO NOT change to Dudley from Sandwell ...Dudley are harder to get funding from for gastric bypass...Which Dr told you that at Russells Hall

DO NOT change to Dudley from Sandwell ...Dudley are harder to get funding from for gastric bypass...Which Dr told you that at Russells Hall
Mr Labib told me but got turned down at sandwell but have just spoken to them and there does seem a ray of hope as they did not know about my sleep apnea and several other things so sending me forms to appeal and take to dr to get filled in so here is hoping must say the lady at the pct was lovely

Mr Labib told me but got turned down at sandwell but have just spoken to them and there does seem a ray of hope as they did not know about my sleep apnea and several other things so sending me forms to appeal and take to dr to get filled in so here is hoping must say the lady at the pct was lovely

I'll slap his legs when I catch up with him LOL

I'll slap his legs when I catch up with him LOL

you can knock him out for me too wasted 18 months seeing him to be told to ask my dr to refer me

Back