• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Linski

Hi everyone, As I write this I am so emotional to be able to talk to someone who is going or been through the process of WLS. I have my firts boppointment with Mr Khan on 18th Aug after i finally summoned the courage to ask for WLS. I would love to hear from anyone who has seen Mr Khan and can shed light on average waiting times at the moment. How sucessful is requesting funding from Wolverhampton PCT ( I have a BMI 0f 50) What the psycologist asks and how long anyone was off work, Also has anyone kept their operation a secret from work?
I so look forward from hearing from you all as i feel being overweight is such a lonely place.
Kind regards to you all.

Linski
:wave_cry:

H Linski and :welcome2: to WLS! You are not alone any longer :D We are all on the same journey here, just all at different stages. Please feel free to ask any questions. Im in Manchester so cant help about your hospital or PCT but I know there are people here from your area X

hi and welcome cant answer with regard to your hospital as i am in scotland but someone else will be around soon who can

Hello Linski. I am from Wolverhampton as are a few others on here. I am under Mr Khan at Walsall Manor. There is a support group which meets every month. The next meeting is on 16 August - why don't you come along? Wolverhampton PCT give automatic funding for the surgery at the moment if you meet NICE guidelines. I do not want to put a dampener on the start of your journey but things are in chaos at the Manor at the moment so be prepared for a bumpy ride.

The psychologist is there to assess your readiness for the big changes surgery will bring. He is very challenging but be honest and clear with him and you should be fine.

I have kept my op secret at work apart from my boss who unfortunately I had to tell. People know I am due to have a major op but they do not know what for.

Hope this helps a little.

tranquil

Hi and welcome to WLS! i wish you the best of luck on your journey luv - im sure you will be adicted to this site before long like me, hehe x theres so many wonderful people on here to give and recieve the love and support you need along the way! much luv xoxoxoxoxox

High Linski

and welcome. :welcome:

you're definitely not alone. Stick around on here and you'll get loads of support and and advice. I'm not from your area so can't help you with that bit, but anything I can help with I'll be very glad to.

Hi Linski... like our dotty says, you're definitely not alone now ! We're here to support each other - and there's no such thing as a silly question, so ask away !

Hello Linski and welcome! I had my gastric bypass with Mr Khan on June 10th and can say only good things about him...

However whoever controls the admin at Walsall Manor is a joke, it is currently in a right state of affairs and there is chaos running amock...

As Tranquil said as Wolverhampton PCT patients we get automatically funded so please don't worry about funding.

My journey has taken me just under 12 months from start to finish.

As Tranquil said there is a support group run for us Walsall Manor patients which is held each month at Harrisons Sports & Social Club @ Great Wyrley on 16th August...

If you want to add me to facebook i'll answer any questions you may have and maybe we could meet for a coffee one day? Myself and a couple of other Manor patients do try and do it regularly and if we can find a newbie full of questions and excitement even better :) My email is [email protected] just be sure to tell me your from here :)

I told everyone at work about my operation, they're a nosey lot and would have only had me down with some deadly disease if i hadn't told them.... This is your own personal choice, if i could offer any advice to you i'd say don't tell them yet! I told mine last August to expect me to be off in January following Dr Hartland saying it would take 6 months to get my op and he was so fibbing. Made me feel a bit of a prat to be honest when it never came about!!

Good luck hun xx

:welcome2:Hi Linski and welcome to this fantastic site,i really hope you will get all the help and support you need . Marie.

Hi Linski, welcome, I'm a newbie too and also interested in how long others were off work and if they told anyone.
Personally I'm not going to tell anyone except my partner and already have my excuses ready for work. I've also been going to the gym a lot and have began to lose weight so am hoping that any future weight loss will be put down to that.
I think the media makes us feel that banding/surgery is somehow cheating (look at the fuss made about Fern) and that any hard work we will have to put in will be dismissed.
Best of luck to you x

Thanks Rose, Looks like you are doing well since your op? How long were you off work and how long did you wait? I know I sound really nosey I am just trying to get all the info I can x

Great to hear I will be in safe hands! I have read the admin side is a nightmare so I rang after not hearing anything for 9 weeks since my doc referred me. They reckon letter must have ot lost as they onlky recieved it on that day and gave me my appointment there and then,
Glad you are on your way! x

Hello Linski. I am from Wolverhampton as are a few others on here. I am under Mr Khan at Walsall Manor. There is a support group which meets every month. The next meeting is on 16 August - why don't you come along? Wolverhampton PCT give automatic funding for the surgery at the moment if you meet NICE guidelines. I do not want to put a dampener on the start of your journey but things are in chaos at the Manor at the moment so be prepared for a bumpy ride.

The psychologist is there to assess your readiness for the big changes surgery will bring. He is very challenging but be honest and clear with him and you should be fine.

I have kept my op secret at work apart from my boss who unfortunately I had to tell. People know I am due to have a major op but they do not know what for.

tranquil

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome I am going to plough my way through the posts on here and get as much info as I can.x

Thanks Rose, Looks like you are doing well since your op? How long were you off work and how long did you wait? I know I sound really nosey I am just trying to get all the info I can x

Thanks Linski, I'm doing better than I would have dreamed... it really has changed my life for the better ! I was off work for 5 full weeks, then did a phased return for another 3 weeks, working mostly at home with occasional days in the office. Even though I've been back full time for a few weeks now, I'm still very tired by the weekend. I didn't have such a long wait for surgery compared to many others, it was 9 months, and I was also fortunate not to have to fight to get referred in the first place.

Don't be frightened to keep asking questions... there's a lot to learn but there's usually someone here who can help ! x

tranquil

OMG Tranquil been reading your posts sounds like you are having a nightmare with WM, Sounds to me like they are in chaos. I am suprised I got referred there if they have put a hold on things = you must be so so fed up. I hope yoiu get your date soon,x

OMG Tranquil been reading your posts sounds like you are having a nightmare with WM, Sounds to me like they are in chaos. I am suprised I got referred there if they have put a hold on things = you must be so so fed up. I hope yoiu get your date soon,x

Thanks it has been. I ended up making a formal complaint and I got the response today which was unbelievable. I rang the PCT (which is something I should have done a long time ago) and they are now investigating so I am hoping it might resolve things and I get a date. Good luck with your journey x

Back