• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chubby Newbie Needs Advice Please x

Hi there i am well how are you after op ok i hope, well i attended my last appoitment on my 6 month weight management course and Dr Heartland said that he his going to write off to the team at walsall manor and apply for surgery for me is this what happened to you and if so how long did you wait for the appoitment to come threw and what happens next really? xxx

Hiya, i'm getting better thanks hun.
Right so you have done the 6 month thing, i was VERY lucky, i had a letter within 6 weeks of my last apointment to say i was on Mr Khans waiting list, then 3 weeks later i had a letter for 2 pre op checks, the last apointment being on the 30th June. Then towards the latter half of July i had my apointment for the 15th of August come through. I was extremely lucky i think for it to have flowed so well for me. I hope it flows this easily for you too. Anything else i can help you with? xx

:cry:Hi K8y, your lucky, I started weight mamagement June 09 and had my final appointment March this year cause they lost me in the system, Dr Heartland then told me he was refering me to the PCT for funding, up until Wednesday I had not heard a thing so I joined this site and was given names to contact only to find out that he has not sent a letter at all, I am so frustrated now, I'm thinking of going back to my GP to complain:sigh:, if it wasn't for all of you lovely people on here I would still be waiting for the letter that will never arrive:gen126:

Hi Yatesy Was it Dr Heatland who said that he was going to send your letter off? So how long would you wait untill you rung someone and who do i ring if i dont hear? Glad your ok k8y Bear you was lucky where you was it Dr Heartland who sent your letter off? x

H Buttery
Yes it was Dr Heartland, he told me he was going to send the letter to Walsall PCT, have waited till this week then somebody told me on here to ring Tracey Lowe who put me through to Dr H secretary who then gave me PCT number, it was them that told me no letter had been sent so they have emailed him, his secretary & Tracey Lowe and told them to get in touch with me

Hi again, yes it was Dr Heartland that sent off for the funding, i didn't call anyone untill a few weeks after my last pre op apointment, then i called PALS and simply asked if they might be able to tell me where i might be in the que, a few ays later i had my letter confirming my date, I don't know if i was so lucky due to the fact i have been in and out of hospital for various complications over the last 18 months or so, Asthma, high blood preasure (250 over 140), hypocalcemia and a few others. I attend a pain clinic as well for fibromyalga, so this may have been why i was in so quickly, i don't know hunni, Yatesy, that's pants chick, Have you had your pre ops done?
Mind you, that's not always any clue to how soon you're going in, i hope they pull their fingers out for you soon my love, and poor tranquil.xxxxx

Hi K8y, no, no pre ops done as no letter for funding has been sent since my final appointment in March, I had to have surgery with Mr Khan in January as the weight has caused me to develop hidradenitis supprativa and he has told me that I need surgery, Dr Heartland knows this:confused:, it's so disheartning not knowing anything

Well Dr Heartland said he would send the letter off for me but i have not got much faith now after hearing all the story's on here i will wait a month and then call who do i call Tracey Lowe? Do i just call the manor and ask for them to put me threw? x

Back