• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Citrus

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I have eaten the odd satsuma over the last week or so, and every time it gives me a very uncomfortable ache on my chest where my rib cage starts. last night it lasted for hours and was very unpleasant. I wonder if its a reaction with acid from citrus?

Anyone else encountered this problem? :confused:

Kim, have you ever had your gall bladder removed just wondering if that may be giving you probs x

I was on Lanzoprazole, but my surgeon told me to stop taking them a while back. I took one last night, and it didnt have much of an effect.

Ans No I have not had my Gall Bladder removed. :)

yep i would say the same as gaelic girl, if it continues maybe get it check i got alot of pains in my chest after eating,citrus acid things, cheese, cream and fatty things alot of which you would no longer be having but it turned out to be gall bladder so worth keeping in mind x

I have just read the Gall Bladder symptoms on the net, and they sound very similar to what I am experiencing. :( If it continues, I better get my butt to the Doctors.

yep good idea hun otherwise you could get a infection in the gall bladder if it keeps happening now dont panic i am sure your noooooooooooo where near that yet x

let us know how you go x

Kim, i'd go get your gall bladder checked out as soon as possible...

Having had gall stones i can tell you that you're not experiencing anything like how bad the pain can get yet from your description... The pain, heat flushes and sickness are truly worse than any pain i have ever felt (this includes childbirth). Get it sorted sooner rather than later dude xx

Kim, i'd go get your gall bladder checked out as soon as possible...

Having had gall stones i can tell you that you're not experiencing anything like how bad the pain can get yet from your description... The pain, heat flushes and sickness are truly worse than any pain i have ever felt (this includes childbirth). Get it sorted sooner rather than later dude xx
I will hun, I'm booked in to see my Doctor on Tueday Morning. thats the fastest appointment I could get.

I will hun, I'm booked in to see my Doctor on Tueday Morning. thats the fastest appointment I could get.

I wish you well with it xx

Sorry Kim I am eating oranges and tangerines by the bucket load this last few weeks and they are fine with me. I would get your gall bladder checked out hun x

i had something similar a while back, not with any particular food, but pain in the upper right side (looking downwards) of my rib cage, went and spoke to my GP, she seemed to think it was possibly gall bladder related, anyways, the upshot was i was sent for an ultrasound, and the operative was very good, he told me in my case, i had thickened bile in the gall bladder, but no stones, he wasn't sure if the thicken bile would cause me pain or owt, but explained that the body would still be over producing bile due to our previous body sizes, the body will slow down this production in time, he also explained that due to this over production, and the fact the our bodies don't need as much now, the body tends to reabsorb some fluid out of the bile, thus making it thicker, i believe in my case the symptoms will get better, just waiting on the ''proper results'' to come back to my GP, but wise words are to get it checked, could be something and nothing!! best of luck ;)

I saw my Doctor this morning, and he doesn't think it is Gallstones, he said it may be Bile reflux. He is sending me for an ultra sound just to be sure. :)

Back