• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

classes for larger size people

Tracey ( eyore)

Hi guys
Do any of you have exercise classes for larger people in your area???
It's something i am looking into, and think could be my saviour, as i am enquiring about training to run these classes locally to where i live, its something i had thought about for along time but as i seem to have my head in the right mind field at mo, things seem to be leading me on to do this......
I have even spoke to a couple of local gyms and sports centres about this and they seem keen. :D

Now i just need to get my course dates x :)
I was one of these people that sat on the sofa doing nothing, thinking oh no exercise but now i have started its addictive, and you dont have to go mad but it is surprising how quickly you can build up what you do.If you have a wii fit why not get it out it can be great fun believe me, at first i couldnt do anything now i can do a hour, yes dripping after but feel great and wanting to do more believe it or not xxx :eek:

Thats a brilliant idea hun!! you d make a fortune as i know loads of friends who want to do excersise and classes that wont because of there size! good luck with it all xxxx

thank you kel xx i cant believe me fatty tracey will be doing this but i am so excited

My PCT has an exercise referral scheme with the borough's leisure services. I asked my GP for a referral a few weeks ago and am now going to the gym each week. I attend a closed sesssion just for patient referrals, so everyone is there for medical reasons and we get a reduced rate. Might be worth finding out if your PCT has a similar scheme ?

i live in kent ....sittingbourne but thinking of going to local towns ............... the localpct do do a scheme but its hard to get on .....................and alot of centres dont have the money for it x

dam im in hertfodshire a bit far for a class lol but i would of def come, all my classes and gym are full of skinny people makes me feel awful feel like everyone is staring at me

yep exactly kerry ..............................

Tracey, so glad you have raised this point. I have tried to join a fitness group for those of us that don't feel at ease in the gym. Non existent. Not even from the diabetic clinic who are always saying to work on your weight!
Motorsize is available in some areas but it could save the country a fortune if the Government set up classes... I have started on the toning tables just to get moving and will work my way up... and you are so right. It is addictive! Much love to you all xxx

Tracey you're so right! You've spotted a huge gap in the market!....go for it girl!

thank you guys that means alot to me .................i have been looking at lesson planning etc this morning i think its something i could do x so her e goes hahahah

Good luck hun, you know it will be a complete sucsess xx

this is something i was thinking of myself.
i promised myself when i passed my driving test that id search for gyms or classes for over weight people because id feel so stupid going to the normal gym.....i never actually found anywhere though.
i honestly travel to one 2 or 3 times a week if i had to. (within reason obviously)

the downside of course is that everyone will end up thin & you've got to start again with new clients! heheh

I'd like the chance Emma.

Have search high and low in the valleys here, there is no sign of any hope for classes for those of us that don't feel we can keep up in the mainstream classes.

We are invisible at last!

xxx

Back