• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nintendo Wii (fit and balance board)

Muttley1900

So, before I started this journey, I got a Wii and a balance board and various other controller add ons etc.

We enjoyed playing bowling and archery a few times and never got the balance board out of the box. Then prep for op started to take over and the wii has been forgotten about until now...

I am exercising (exercise bike, weights, aerobics classes) on a regular basis, but was wondering if there was something the Wii could offer to fill in cold, damp winter evenings as opposed to watching tv and trying not to graze.

So, my question is: do you have a Nintendo Wii? And if so which of the 'fit' games do you enjoy the most and why? Also, if you have one, is the balance board worth plugging in and using?

I've tried searching the forums for discussions re the Wii fit, but the search engine doesn't like 3 letter words for searching. I've found a couple of threads where people talk about how much fun they are, or how cheap they are at the moment but nothing too specific.

Ta.

Last edited:
I have one and also the kinect. My favourite workout is the step activity on the wii fit followed by about 40 minutes of dancing, but I also have others. I find the wii fit is quite low intensity although you do feel the step activity a little. The kinect tends to be higher intensity.

I do the step and dance also the jogging :) i try to do the bowling tennis etc as though i was actually doing it not sitting waving my arms around and keeping rest of me still :) the olympics is quite good for getting energy burnt up have to wave the stick around at great speed to make them run jump etc x

I have one and use the steps a lot, I also try the hula hoop but am not able to do this for some reason.

Although not using the balance board I also use the jogging too as I don't feel confident enough to jog outside yet.

I can do the hula hoop, but the wii fit thinks I'm unbalanced...how did it know??

I use the wii for the jogging and the boxing. I also have the wii personal trainer which is brilliant, and you can tailor your programme from a range of exercises for strength training and or aerobic training. On the days when the weather is too lousy for me to get out there and run, I use the wii and do my personal training programme which is like 30 mins of aerobic exercises, 10 minutes of yoga ( for suppleness & flexibility) and then 30 mins strength training (squats, lunges,pushups, crunches). With the wii personal trainer you really can tailor the exercise programme to suit yourself at any fitness level..
xx

Back