• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clinical phsycology-ballon

sharrondally

Hi everyone :) My name is Sharron, 5"7 im from yorkshire, im 48, a single mum to 4 kids tho 3 have grown & flown the nest, I was always pretty fit slim & active till i got cervical cancer & had a hysterectomy back in 1997 my weight went from a slim size 14 & weighed 12st of toned muscle to a blobby size 20 and 18.8lb within a year.i lost 3st then put it back on then some, it crept up to 20.8lbs last year, size 22-24. i have developed all over arthritis & facet joint disease in my spine,i have lost 3st 5lbs again, so weigh just over 17st at the moment, im an emotional eater, when im sad upset or in pain i eat, pain is pretty constant with my medical worries, but i have started smoking again which curbs my appetite although after yrs smoke free i really want to quit again but im afraid i will eat to compensate.
Im seeing a clinical phsycologist on tues 13th july in reguard to a balloon being fitted in my stomach, im rather worried that i dont have the right answers as i have managed to lose weight but im pretty stuck at the moment. i have been following the harcombe diet which has been amazing but like i said my weight has stuck, & with a very moody 16 yr old daughter in the house im terrified of going on a binge...anyone had the balloon fitted, know the process of clinical phsycology interviews or can relate to my issues ?????

Hello

Which bit of Yorkshire are you in?

Can I ask why they are talking about a balloon rather than a band/RNY/or sleeve or DS?

Saw that you had posted and didn't want to leave you with no replies

Best wishes Angela x

Hi Shannonally,
welcome to the site i hope you find it helpful and supportive .Good luck with your wls journey.:welcome2:

Thanks guys, im Nr Wakefield, the endocrinologist keeps telling me gastric banding is a last resort,but has'nt ruled it out !! im now just over 17st with at least 5st to lose. having lost 3 1/2 st on my own already but im sticking now. before i had arthritis & facet joint disease in my spine i was really fit & active in fact i was a gym instructor, its so hard not being able to exercise so i dont burn calories, also a hysterectomy after cervical cancer more or less ground my metabolism to a standstill. i guess im just going to have to see what happens tuesday at the hospital, Thanks for your replies, very much appreciated
Sharron x

good luck for tuesday. sorry i havent got answer but i guess the psychologist will be a part of this process to make sure people are emotionally stable enough to go through this type of procedure. but thats just my guess.
x

hi and welcome to WLS hope you find your answers! x

Back