• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hiya

charlies~mummy

:wave_cry: hi all hope your al well, my name is kelly im 31y im mummy to my beautiful little boy charlie who is 11 months old im engaged to my fab fiance andy and we have a dog called rafa
i have been over weight for as long as i can remember im struggling bad to lose any at all i suffer with clinical depression i currently weigh 16.9 and im 5'7" im just about to leave my house to go msee my dr and see if she would refer me for a gastric band i know my chances are 'slim' excuse the pun im just that desperate
wish me luck and keep your fingers toes and anything else crossed for me :confused: xx

Hi

will keep everything crossed for you x

Welcome and the very best of luck with your GP, let us know how you get on x

Hello and welcome to the forum, Good luck with your gp xx

thank you all for your lovely welcomes bad news is i dont qualify for gastric band on the nhs because with a bmi of 35 its to low?!?!?!?!? gutted plus she said id have to go on a 12 month programme of weight wanagement etc which you all already know she just diagnosed me with post natal depression too oh joy lol i really dont know what im going to do now cant afford to go private cos with mortgage nursery fees etc our wages just about cover everything im so dissapointed ive not stopped crying since i left the drs even though i knew it was a long shot xx

Sorry to hear that, it really is a post code lottery but most PCT's wouldnt fund with a BMI under 40 unless you have significant health problems - they vary too.

Would they consider still referring you to weight management?

Arrhhh im so sorry to hear your upset, i know it all depends on your area but mine now wont consider anyone with a bmi less than 50,it really is so strict now isnt it.

Please do try not to get yourself down,your get lots of support and good advice on here.

Jacqui x

thank you, my dr has refered me to something called loss its a weightloss come councelling tpye thing but also to a post natal depression team too been talking ton oh and may try lipotrim as its prob the onlything i havnt tried xxx

Back