• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes shopping...urghhh!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
As long as I can remember I have had to shop in evans or the fat section of new look etc.
I don't like most of the clothes in evans or new look. I don't want to wear stretch jeans (bloody awful on fat legs) or skinny jeans or boyfriend cut or straight leg, I just want regular loose fitting jeans. Seems like gold dust these days!
I don't like really long T-shirts and tops, they make my legs look short.
I don't want my tops to have three quarter length sleeves, my arms are really fat!
I would love to wear the same clothes as slim people, just bigger. Evans costs a blooming fortune as well!
I feel embarrassed browsing around the fat section in other shops. One time I was heading for the fat section in new look, when a group of skinny teenage girls were laughing at the plus size clothes. I turned around and walked out.
I tried buying online instead. However, you have to pay postage, and most of the time the clothes didn;t fit right or looked bad, then I have to send them back. Or if bought of ebay, they get stuffed in the back of my wardrobe!
I dream of loosing enough weight to be able to shop in normal shops or not have to make a beeline for the plus size.
That time can't come soon enough for me!!

I can hear what you are saying I am looking forward to that day too, I also cant wait for the day I can put on a swimming cossie and not look like a beached whale!! The last time I wore one was about 3 years ago when we went to Cyprus but I looked awful even in a skirted costume!

Have you tried Fashionworld or SimplyBe?
Both catalogues are run by the same 'mother company', same as JD Williams too, you can oftern see things in one at a different price to the other! Simply be is one price fro all sizes, fashionworld prices can change depending on size.
You only need one account number then you can shop at any.
And a trick to avoid p&p - if it tries to charge you then just add something else to your shopping basket! I think it tries charging you if the orders under £20. If you end up sending it back its no big deal. I often buy stuff, have a mad hour and choose loads of stuff for about £200 and then I'm lucky if I keep a couple of them before sending the rest back! lol

Oh me too on the swimsuit front. I really want to take my son swimming, and not feel mortified by myself! Hopefully, when I have lost a few stone I will blow the cobwebs off my cozzie!

Try www.very.co.uk for swimwear - you can mix & match tops & bottoms, the swimsuits and tops come in bra sizes up to an H cup and the prices are great too.

when buying online used discount codes

but seriously i totally get u...its horrible isnt it :(

I recently discovered Primark lol - I still too this day go straight too good old faithful the yours shop , out of habit I guess lmao it feels odd shopping elsewhere ..

I hit the charity shops got lots of bargains,M+S,Wallis,Principles and more,Ive gone for size 16 as Im going from 20 to 18 and have quite a few jeans and tops in those sizes.Im sticking to my usual styles till I feel more comfortable.Maz x

The time will come, just get ready for the sagging skin, i've lost around 5 stone and still weigh around 16stone and already i cross my legs and see the start of sagging skin, it will come so you may not want to skinny dip....

However buying 'normal' size 18 jeans is good :) xx

:) Just to say l totally understand it has been a nightmare getting tops for hubby double and sometimes treble the cost of "normal" ones , and a lot of the general public are not very nice and its so annoying when they dont know the reason or how many long, long years people have been struggling and going through there own torment , sorry for ranting makes my blood boil l know how cruel people can be , l think l will stop now lol as l will be going on all night xxxx:)

It's awful being able to only shop in Evans or the JD Williams companies - especially when my mum and I ordered the same things!!

Its such a relief to be able to go into any shop for clothes now though lots of shops have larger size ranges - Sainsburys and Matalan g up to a 28 - and some of the clothes are generously cut.

Ebay and charity shops are good places to look through too - most of my old clothes went to one or the other!!

Shopping is almost fun now

xxx

Ive always loved shopping, just not usually for clothes.....shoes, handbags, jewellery etc used to be what I would buy and always Evans for clothes and JD Williams companies! I must have spent so much in Evans over the years and cant wait to fit into mainstream shop clothes :D XX

With all my yo yo dieting I've got a fat wardrobe and slimmer wardrobe. I got rid of alot of my older slimmer clothes so that I could treat myself to some more current ones but the good old jeans are still waiting for me to get into them.

I was looking at coat sales for next winter today but I really wouldn't know what size to buy, I'm hoping to be a 10 by then but I don't want to feel disappointed if I haven't quite got there by then.

i never went clothes shopping unless i really had too, even though by comparison the amount i had to lose was no where near as much as some ppl had to lose, (i dont mean that in a nasty way), but as im so tiny, 4 ft 8, and i needed a size 18-20, the lengths were always wayyyy to long, even the petite ranges. now, i love going to tesco to get my clothes, im a 10 bottoms and a 12-14 tops, (bloody boobs), but its great, i never thought id actually enjoy buying clothes. so dont worry, your time will come. good luck everyone, not that you need it. hugs xxx

Back