• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes shopping...urghhh!

I have more saggy skin than a saggy skin shop!!

BUT

apparently I look like a normal thin person with my clothes on!!! Not my words - but my mum-in-law - and you'd never know I'd once been fat!!

She is stressed bless her (dad in law has severe dementia) - but I think she sees OK!!

xxx

its amazing how much the sagging skin DOSNT show through your clothes, when i look at myself in my bra and knickers, i think yuk, but when the jeans and top go on i think wow, i can do virtually no exercise whatsoever, due to mobility problems, but ive actually noticed recently that my skin is starting to sag a little less and seems to actually be tightening up, i dont think it will ever totally go back, but hey, every little helps, i like to think of it as a sort of badge of pride, i never thought id ever be slim, but here i am, so whats a bit of lose skin compared to that,?, i prefer the lse skin anyday. xx

Yes loose skin weighs less than fat!

.....and you can tuck loose skin into your knickers and it stays there - my fat just keeps slipping out again lol

ha ha ha maz, yeah there is that too, id never thought of that, roll on loose skin, lol

.....and you can tuck loose skin into your knickers and it stays there - my fat just keeps slipping out again lol

haha!!!! so embarrasing my stomach likes to come out and wave to everyone as well!!

I went to matalan today and took 6 tops into the changing room, all size 20. Everything fitted and looked nice!! This is so foreign to me!
I had to decide which tops I liked the best,(new experience too) as I couldn't afford to buy all of them.
What a great feeling. Clothes shopping doesn't make me feel awful now. And I can't wait to go down a size.
Loosing weight is great!!!

I hate it so much. I took my daughter clothes shopping this morning as a treat for working so hard for her GCSE's. I could cry when I look at her. She's the same height as me & a lovely wee size 8-10. What breaks my heart is that when I was her age I always felt fat, despite being a size 10 then myself, & hence a horrible diet cycle began. I look at how gorgeous she is (biased mummy) and wonder how did I ever think I was less than lovely? She got beautiful clothes. I treated myself to Karen Millen shoes (the straps don't go round my cankles) & matching bag in the sale. Then we went to the 'fat shops'. God, I'm so sick of chiffon tents that cost an arm & a leg. Anyhow, went for a long walk when we got home. Determined to wear those shoes @ Xmas. :(

Miss hungry I so no how you feel, I have two beautiful children who adore swimming yet I always have an excuse as to why my hubby has to take them and I can't go, even though if I was honest, I love swimming. As for clothes, I try my hardest to stay away from the shops cos they just make me depressed. I buy clothes for function not fashion, online of course! I cannot wait till I have lost enough weight to feel confident to go swimming or proper clothes shopping.

lol I have cankles too and huge knees!
I always felt fat all through my childhood. Yet when I look back at old photos, I dont look over weight untill I'm about 10. I blame my mum (love her dearly)!
My mum is obessed with her weight. She has never been over 11 stone but talks about herself like she is a heffer!
So I've always been around her constant weight talk, so it had to rub off on me I suppose.
She still witters on non stop about it. Sometimes I say "oh for gods sake mum, you are not even particularly overweight".
She will then say "oh you should see me with my clothes off". Mmm no thanks! lol
Because of that, I've always been very careful about what I say about food and weight around my children. My boys take after their dad though and are skinny.
It must be tougher to have a daughter, as there is alot more pressure on girls to look a certain way.
Sorry, went off on one there!!

Back