• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes swap?

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Ok I know a lot of people have said they are sorting out their old clothes and sending them to charity shops. I also know that some people have mentioned that they are having trouble buying new clothes due to money problems.
So have you got any clothes that you no longer need, would you please consider putting them on here and let some other weight lose people get some use from them
I'm sure that people don't mind paying reasonable postage costs.
I would start it off but most of my clothes are now a size 10 and 12 now having given a lot of bigger clothes away to another weight loss friend.

Just put what it is you have and what size it is!

If you need a certain size just ask

I gotta say that i think thats a good idea but im in the same position as u my clothes range between size 8 & 12 now, the clothes that were too big i gave to friends xxxxx

I sent a load of Evans and Ann Harvey to a girl who didnt pay the £8 postage so wont do that again.Could of sold them on ebay but thought I would do a good turn as she said she was hard up but would pay the postage!

You do have to be careful because some people are unscrupulous.
I give my clothes to help the aged.
I am a member of a yahoo group, Freecycle, and I had a very expensive settee, drop down arms and massive comfy cushions and pillows. There was nothing wrong with it and it really was lovely. I gave it to a woman who said she was struggling financially and needed a new sofa for her and her family, hubby and two children, she came and had a look at it, took a photo and came back the same night with a man, a van and a driver, very professional. I felt too pressured to say, hey this situation doesn't seem to fit your story, but I felt, and i know deep down that she got it to sell! It upset me a lot and I won't ever do that again. Somebody in need could have had years of good wear from that sofa but now somebody has profited from it.
I say, sell the clothes on ebay and either keep the money for yourself or donate it. Or give the clothes to a charity. You make more money for the charity if you sell it yourself because charity shops never sell for the true value of things and in effect waste money.
Another time I was getting rid of a lot of really sturdy, good quality solid pine firniture. I put this on Freecycle too and a lovely couple came and took it all away. It was a bedroom suite, two sets of very heavy solid drawers, and a massive mirror, and also an old victorian dresser with a swivel mirror on it. These were big, nice pieces. They did them up and sold them on!! They werent for their own personal use at all, they wanted to profit. This isnt what freecycle is about. You live and learn as they say, but this time it was twice bitten and now shy. I am not saying that anybody on this forum would try to do anything similar, I am just saying 'watch out', give your clothes away and you could possibly find them for sale on ebay the next week.
Thats how I feel anyway.
Lynne x

what a good idea i for one will be posting my larger size clothes when i loose weight,
as we all know how expensive plus size clothing is.

i will have big clothes as mine are still ranging from 24 to 30, so as i lose weight i will have a few clothes to give away... but i think i will ask for postage first x

i will have big clothes as mine are still ranging from 24 to 30, so as i lose weight i will have a few clothes to give away... but i think i will ask for postage first x

I agree that postage should be paid for before delivery either by Paypal or postal order

Back