• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new me...new clothes?

los in it

I buy clothes that are at best "functional" plain,nothing fancy covers me up,but when I have my band (lord knows when ,soon I hope fingers x)I was wondering....do people`s taste in clothes change? do people who in the pass try to "hide" in their clothes and a body change makes you want to "come into the light" wear clothes that get you noticed and in turn make you feel good.just a thought I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks

I'm not sure what my taste in clothes is as its such a hard job to find anything to fit that I buy what fits me rather than what I like. I tend to live in Evans jeans (size 22) and mens t-shirts (luckily I work from home so no one see's me) and I have a few maxi dresses from Yours and Asda (size 24) for the odd occasion I go out in the evening.

Yes your whole prospective changes. Everything I wear is figure hugging and short. Still got lots of lumps and bumps but I don't care anymore as I know how far I've come.

Yep I agree with happy days. Figure hugging :) for two reasons .... 1. They look and make me feel good, and 2. If I wear baggy, I feel slobbish and feel as though I don't care about myself, so the wrong things get popped in my mouth :rolleyes: psychologically the better I dress, the better I feel, the better I treat my body :)

thanks happy,it was your post that got me thinking I hope for myself that I buy the same clothes,just smaller but who knows I may go colour mad! no more black for me !!

im 10+ stone lighter! I'm in a 14 top, still 16-18 bottoms, I still do not do short, tight or figure hugging....so my clothes although smaller size wise (plus size 32/34/36 at my biggest just before surgery) are certainly not tighter.

I've added jeans, skinny's to the wardrobe, but there's not that much change, bug personally I don't like short clothes, I don't like tight fitting clothes and as such I don't wish to wear them.

Whether that's a result still of the issues I'm having with my skin but I still struggle to see myself as the size I now am. I even bought a top in Primark the other day which is a size 8 (yes an 8!!! Lol) but it's not tight.

I have bought a short dress at knee length and that's it...it's still not overly short...

I love dresses. Won't go out anymore in trousers. Think I've looked like crap for years. This lady has found her wings. Lol

I do wear skinny jeans but yes my knees see daylight nowaday too ... No moe trackie bottoms and big sweaters to hide away in. When I wore baggy, there was no feeling of tightness when I overrate, hence I continued to overeat :sigh:

I would just like to be able to say "im going clothes shopping at river island or primark or anywhere other than evans or yours!"

I've been trying not to buy too many new clothes because I'm shrinking out of them so fast but it's hard to resist!

I've cleared my wardrobe out to get rid of everything too big and have had to buy a few bits and pieces to tide me over, and it's pretty amazing to now have such a wide range to choose from. That probably has an impact on our changing tastes, too: no longer just buying whatever fits but instead being able to buy what we like the look of.

I've been trying not to buy too many new clothes because I'm shrinking out of them so fast but it's hard to resist!

I've cleared my wardrobe out to get rid of everything too big and have had to buy a few bits and pieces to tide me over, and it's pretty amazing to now have such a wide range to choose from. That probably has an impact on our changing tastes, too: no longer just buying whatever fits but instead being able to buy what we like the look of.

That's the best bit. You now actually look at the clothes instead of the size on the hanger

My taste hasn't changed, I've always been very much into high fashion but I've never been able to wear it. Even though now I can get in to a size 12-14 I do find myself still wearing clothes that hide my body. Today I went round a friends and I was wearing a fitted jacket and she told me she had never seen me wear anything fitted in all the time she has known me. I've known her since we were 3! So your taste won't change but I do think as time goes on and your confidence grows you might find you are able to wear clothes you really love not just that cover you up. It takes a while but it is worth it :)

im looking at my clothes and its all greens, browns, and black with the odd bit of colour but not much! I too am trying not to buy many new clothes even thou im some way from even having the band done (fingers x not too long )im tempted into packing up the older clothes that's in different sizes I may add as I NEVER plan to wear them again.

Here is a pic of me on holiday a couple of months ago. Very bright dress! I've lost 2 stone since this pic but I will never forget the feeling of wearing a bright dress for the first time. It felt great. It was quite short too! :D Look forward too it. It is going to happen! :) You don't have to get as burnt as me in the picture though lol ;)

Attachments

• 941223_10152842491775515_1098465210_n.jpg
    941223_10152842491775515_1098465210_n.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 83
I buy clothes that are at best "functional" plain,nothing fancy covers me up,but when I have my band (lord knows when ,soon I hope fingers x)I was wondering....do people`s taste in clothes change? do people who in the pass try to "hide" in their clothes and a body change makes you want to "come into the light" wear clothes that get you noticed and in turn make you feel good.just a thought I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks

I have to say no matter what my size and I started at at 28 bottoms 24/6 tops I love clothes and because I am so tall I carry my weight fairly well
I can get tops from John Rocca size 22 and they look fine on me
But I cant wait to be buying 16/18 that's for sure!!!!

But my motto was always Just because your big doesn't mean you cannot look great!!;)

Enjoy buying your new clothes Hun xxxxx:D

Back