• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes

Gnomes

I have 6 black bags full of clothes that no longer fit, I have given previous ones to charity, but I am hoping to get something for these.
Does anyone know of any companies that will pay you for them?
I have heard of some that collect from your house, weigh them there and then, and depending on the weight will pay you in cash, any where from 50p to 75p per kg, but the 1 company I have found do not collect in Suffolk.
Thanks for your help x

Have you tried EBay, I've sold a lot of my old stuff on there.
X

Your local council should be aware of any local clothing cooperatives, try giving them a call in the morning.

You only get buttons off these companies,sell on ebay or to pals.Alter if you are handy or just take them to the charity shop too.Feel good factor your helping spmeone else and liberating for you to get shut and start afresh!

If you really want to sell them to recycling try here

Cash for Clothes | cashforclothing.org.uk

They collect in Suffolk according to there web site
But the only give the minimum for used clothes.
I took 3 large black bags of clothes and only got £8
As B&B said ebay or carboot them even if you only ask 10p per item you will get more money than recycling companys

ive made 500 quid selling my size 20/22/24 clothes on ebay this summer so id definitely consider that first. ive sold a few size 18's but they go for less so ive given most of those away to my aunty and mum, my size 16's will probably go to a charity shop - for some odd reason i dont have any size 16 family or friends - i thought size 16 was supposed to be average these days!

Ive only recently started to sell clothes on ebay, had op two months ago. Haven't sold much, just a coat and a jacket but the coat went for nearly £30!

Going to this week sell some jeans and tshirts. Also got a suit to sell but don't want it going for peanuts

You can set a minimum reserve though cant you?? I made that mistake, had a gorgeous beaded dress that I bought for £120, wore it once on new years eve, and because I didn't set a minimum reserve ended up selling it for £10. Gutted!! Lesson learned!!

Oh yeah , forgot about that lol. I've only worn the suit twice (once for an interview and once for dad's funeral) so it is in excellent condition.

Im just loving the fact that I can now buy in normal shops, even for underwear lol.

Oh I am a way off that yet, still having to buy mainly from Evans & SimplyBe, but I have dropped 2 jeans sizes so I am on my way, can't wait to buy undies from M&S. Lol x

Minimum reserves can only be set now if you're selling an item for over £50 I think it is, so you need to select the starting price that the absolute minimum is that you can take. Also, ebay now have set guidelines with regards to postage costs since RM put their costs up and this has had a real effect on the way clothes are being bought/sold on ebay.

Minimum reserves can only be set now if you're selling an item for over £50 I think it is, so you need to select the starting price that the absolute minimum is that you can take. Also, ebay now have set guidelines with regards to postage costs since RM put their costs up and this has had a real effect on the way clothes are being bought/sold on ebay.

Yes the minimum reserve is £50.
If you are listing clothes the maximum postage is £4.75. To get round this select the courier option (for large bulky items) Even if you do use Royal Mail to post
Always post using 2nd class recorded or use a courier service with signature. If you item weighs over 1kg a courier service is often cheaper than RM (I can give you the name of a good one if you want)
Offer collection BUT make sure you are NOT home alone when they collect and only accept cash for collections
HTH
Oh make sure you take photos and give a good description
Not just "jeans size 24" How long are they? Is there any wear to the hems? etc...

another option!!! if you have a facebook account see if there are any local selling sites we have loads near to us :) if not you could always set up your own. Good Luck

Back