• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Coke

PurpleKylie22

Any one else addicted to coke? Coca-cola or cherry coke for me.... its about all I drink, a bit of tea / hot choc or blackcurrent every so often, but mainley coke.
I tried giving it up, but its hard.
Anyone else given up coke?

Hi,

I was similar to you loved my Coke Zero but once band was fitted I knew I couldn't have it any more. I do miss it but now drink sugar free squash. It is a small price to pay x

yeah I figured if I manage to get surgery I wont have a choice in it so maybe it will be easier then? I have tried several times to stop now and its so hard!

I do know someone who gave this up and she was truly addicted. She went 'cold turkey'. She had headaches for a while but she did beat it.

I love fizzy drinks, although not necessarily Coke. I can't touch it post-op though, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, even with lots of ice and stirring so it goes almost flat. But it is a small price to pay. :)

oooo eeek i use d coke to curb any eating!!! :-0 x

If I go a day without drinking diet coke i get headaches so im not looking forward to giving it up.Just wondering if i can let it go really flat then drink it ? ( that sounds really desperate lol)

I love Fanta Orange Zero... is this out of bounds too post op?

xxx

it's the fizz which is the problem. The gas makes you feel really uncomfortable. Drinking it totally flat is fine.

Thanks Charis... it makes sense... xxx

I've been told by my team that it is an individual thing, whether you can drink coke/diet coke or not. But that it cannot stretch your pouch.

Some people can take it and some people cant!

I've had the odd diet coke when out, but no longer buy it into the house!

Thanks Jacquie, it all helps to know early on, hope you are doing well xxx

I don't drink fizzy drinks at all so that is one obstacle I don't have to struggle with, but hubby was addicted to diet coke/coke zero. He and our eldest would go through bottles and bottles (large bottles) of the stuff. I made them switch to caffeine free a while ago. They had some major headaches for a while but are now happy with the caffeine free and no more headaches.

I used too love drinking coke quiet a few cans a day (more if I had been out drinking nite b4), even when on wl for surgery I switched to diet lemonade and then cut down gradually and since surgery I have had NO fizz at all.......does feel strange but you do adapt pretty quickly.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Thank you Julie, good to know :)

I too am addicted to diet coke and i love a can of relentless when i feel really tired but thats when im desperate because its full of sugar , i read in a magazine the other day that if your trying to give it up you should take ginseng instead as that gives you natural energy and avoid taking pain killers for the headache xx

I was drinking 4 litres a day but have been given up 4 weeks now but drinking vast amounts of tea, feel lot better for it though, bet it took 2 weeks for headach to shift fully

I gave up all fizzy drinks about 6 or 7 weeks ago when I started a low carb diet. I tried drinking some diet coke about 3 weeks after I cut them out and was nearly sick:9529:. Never going there again and I am not missing it.

tranquil

I loved diet pepsi pre op, i didnt buy it much in the house but when i am out for the night or having a meal out i would love me diet pepsi with ice, thats the only thing i miss really post op, not a craving as such, just a fond memory!!

I very very rarely touch booze, diet coke or lemonade was my poison when out partying with friends! However, sometimes we have to make sacrifices for what we want! I've heard some providers say it's okay to drink, personally i won't, fizzy drinks are carbonated (gas) and you put gas in a deflated balloon and it blows up!! Nuff said :)

NAS all the way for me, or OJ with water......

Back