• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal please?

Cath860

Hi all, now 10 days post-op. Lost 19 lbs since starting milk diet. Haven't lost anything for the past four days.

I am finding eating and drinking very difficult (a shock to the system that is). Should I be trying to eat more or just be patient?

I'm on the puree stage per my provider's inx and my typical intake is: b'fast 2tbsp plain yoghurt + quarter of a mashed banana; half a mashed avocado, 1 tsp reduced-fat hummus for lunch and for dinner a cup of soup and 3 raspberries. Two cheese triangles (low fat) as snacks. Plus about 1 litre of water/tea. Is that about right?

Thank you!

That sounds fine to me. You are very early days so don't try and push it any more than you can manage or you'll start being sick. The only thing I would try and do is get the fluid up to at 1.5 litres if you can, but I know I couldn't at your stage so a litre is good going, don't let it fall below a litre. Just keep at it, it's going to feel like that for a while yet but good news is it gets easier and easier as time goes on :) x

Thanks Shelley that's very reassuring! Congrats on your progress you're doing brilliantly!! I see we both had Mr Slater - he's lovely isn't he?! Very calm!

Thank you and yes Mr Slater is brilliant. He is a fantastically skilled surgeon, and you are right, so calm. When you see him at you 6 week post up check he will reassure you that you are doing well. Well done on your weight loss so far, there is lots more to come :) x

That sounds about the quantity I was having too. Try drinking milk as some of your liquid intake. Make milk your friend at the moment if you can drink milk of course. Try milky coffee, N/S milkshakes etc. Your pouch is still very swollen so really can't take much at all at the moment but as the weeks go by you will be able to eat more. Little and often is the way to go at the moment just as you are doing.

Kate x

Try getting weighed weekly instead of daily, our weight varies daily, but a weekly weigh in should show a proper loss from week to week.
And well done you've done amazingly well so far.
Em xxx

Thank you for the reassurance. It's all so new. I used to drink pints and pints of water a day and Diet Coke of course. Not being hungry or thirsty at all is just such a mind-blower. Also I have a lot more spare time that I used to fill with eating!! Once I'm active again who knows what I'll be able to do! It's so nice to be able to come here and know that someone has already been through it and will help.

Back