• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Completed Phase 1 of Weight Management

prmdc098

I have just recently completed phase 1 of the weight management program here in Dundee, Scotland with a 7.5% weight loss since starting. Didn't get to the 10% required for surgery in phase 1 so have been referred to phase 2 so now await my appointment times for this. I am hoping that by the time I start phase 2 I might have already myself gotten down to 10% weight loss and be able to get my NHS reffereal to the surgeons.

Been watching Fat Doctor the TV show it was aired years ago but been watching it on YouTube and its been really interesting. A lot of talk about milk diets. What are these has anyone tried them or heard of them?

Milk diets are used to shrink the liver normally before surgery. It consists of 4 pints of milk, sugar free jelly and s salted drink like bovril. Most trusts have different ways to do the liver shrinkage diet so it may vary. Welcome to the forums and congrats on your weight loss so far.

What @starryeyed said :) hello and welcome
I did a 10 day LRD (liver reducing diet) prior to my sleeve surgery. I drank a lot of milk, water and Pepsi Max (since I knew no more fizzy drinks after) along with bovril, yogurt and jelly. I actually really enjoyed it because I didn't have to think about food and it got my head in the zone :) some places ask people to do a LRD based on a low calorie diet rather than milk and different places also ask you to do it for different lengths of time. The first rule of WLS club is there's never one answer when it comes to WLS club ;)

Back