• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First weight management meeting :)

Lisav

I went to OWLS (Oxford weight loss service) today for my initial assessment. I met with a nurse who was lovely and discussed with me why I had been referred to the service and I explained that I had approached my doctor regarding WLS and he had referred me. She advised me that I will have to do a course with them starting with a 12 week course, then until next April I will have monthly meetings, I have to show commitment and lose 5% of my body weight and at the end if I still want to go ahead with surgery they will refer and recommend it back to my GP to apply for funding. I then saw a psychologist who just chatted with me and asked some questions to make sure that this service was right for me, which she agreed it was and I now have to wait to find out when my 12 week programme starts. I feel a lot more positive now and work have been supportive, allowing me the time of I will need to go on the programme, so I am on my way. Of course there is no guarantee I will get funding or that it will go ahead, but at least I am doing everything in my power to make it work.

Hi i'm glad it all went well. And atleast you were told what you have to do and time scales unlike my weight management group... Keep us updated :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back