• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused but excited!!

juliaoz01

Ok, really need some help here guys!!

I had my endoscopy two months ago at srh, all ok and told on list and will be seen within six months...

So, off the subject completely, my dog knocks my phone in to a sink of water (don't ask!!) and it's drying out for two days in a bowl of rice. Sods law completely I get a call from me balapuris secretary whilst phone off asking to call...

I ring her first thing this morn and turns out she HAD a date for surgery of August 11th. It's gone, story of my life. Now, she says she has a date for August 25th but it isn't confirmed but she will pencil me in...I ask what that means and she just says it isn't confirmed - can anyone help?! How do I found out when or how it's confirmed and what is it they're waiting for?? A cancellation confirmation or is it the surgeon??

Very excited but very angry at dog now!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

sounds like a cancelation to me,fingers crossed it all goes ahead,they dont give u much notice with a cancelation,i had a week to prepare myself x

Thanks Tracy, i can't concentrate now, I'll be gutted if don't get it. Do you think that means I'm high up the list??

when i got "the call" giving me a surgery date they penciled me in but then the surgeon had to confirm with the anasthetics and the others to make sure they were all free and then they told me later that day it was a deffinite, i hope its the same for you hun, good luck its so exciting when you get your date x

Aww thank you. I really hope that is the case. I didn't know if it was confirmation a cancellation was happening or if it's like you said. I'm totally up a height now! I'll be do gutted if it doesn't go ahead. I can't concentrate at the moment!!

I think that pencilled in means that it's your appointment, depending on the outcome of your pre-op assessment and the agreement from the surgeon. I had my sleeve at SRH 4 weeks ago and they're fab! I only had 4 days from call to being admitted, so you've got slightly longer to prepare....
Good luck

Thanks ceejay. Did they just ring you and say they'd ring you back when had confirmation? I just wasn't sure what to think, she said its pencilled in but it's not mine until its confirmed but no idea when that will be, so guess it is tenterhooks until I get the 'call' ?

I got the call offering me the date, and because it was short notice, I then got e-mails from the dietician and for pre-op assessment. I received a confirmation letter 2 days later and after pre-op, was told it was all systems go....
I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you've any questions, feel free to ask. x

Thanks for your reply. Well I was so annoyed my phone was dead! Otherwise I'd be having it next week.

I know it's hard for them to confirm for sure if they don't know if the slot is definitely available. I'm going to drive myself crazy I know that thinking about it!! Even if I knew if it was the cancellation they're waiting for confirmation on or if it's the surgeon, bed etc there's not like anything I can do to find out so I just have to chill!

I'm just not going to get my hopes up, she was nice enough but was desperate to get me off the phone. I think I'll just have to see work and tell them it's a possibility.... I'm just a bit up
A height about it I think as I really want it! :)

Hi

This may sound like a really dumb question but if I spoke to them last Friday and they said they were waiting for it to be confirmed, how long do you think it's acceptable to wait before I ring and ask if there's an update?! Sorry, I know that sounds silly! I just am paranoid about missing out but I don't want to be a pest!

I wouldn't worry about being a pest - sometimes they get so inundated with their work load, they need to be pestered! Just explain your worries and they'll be fine!

This is very true! I'll give it until Thursday then it's been a week and I'll pester away!

I got the call in July and was pencilled in for August 20th they had aconference conflab bout who els was on the list ans it was confirmed by letter for me so looking very good xx woohoooo xx

I really hope so! I really want to ring but I'm just to scared in case it's bad news! I've kind of sown a few seeds at work that I might be having an op! I'm just worried they will be awkward as I work as an accountant and it would be at month end, but there's nothing they can do to stop you having it is there? Again, a dumb question I'm sure! I'm full of them! I've started doing slim fast this week just in case it is going to go ahead - not that I'm preempting things or anything! ?

I hope it is going to be ok for you best of luck hang on in there and i would ringnothing ventured nothing gained. sounds like my type of luck lots of it but usually bad. xx

It's just so confusing! I rang today and they asked what date, so said 25th and then she says it's not confirmed! Apparantley they haven't come back yet but she said just to assume not, as no word but will be in touch. I wish I'd never been told in the first place that it was a possibility as I was totally psyched. Guess its back to praying again!!

Still no word so I have no idea what's going on, but not looking very promising. Just my luck! Was so psyched for it and now just feel lost again :-(

Back