• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First step...

ditzeeblonde

Finally got to see my own GP yesterday & have got an appointment to see a surgeon on January 13th... she wasn't sure what the procedure was so I'm hoping that this is the right route to be taking!

I'm still very undecided about a band or a bypass, having heard on here that its easy to cheat with a band & problems with hitting the sweet spot with a fill has made me think it might not be for me (its probably not good to be thinking about failing before I even get started!).
I want this to be the last time I ever have to think about losing weight but am concerned about the recovery time after a bypass & the affect it would have on my kids & husband.

Do you think its ok to be undecided when you see the surgeon? I'm kind of thinking that he will know what would be best for me once we've discussed my eating habits... & I'll be guided by him.

Its such a minefield with all the information available so a big thanks in advance for your advice. xx

Hi

I think it's perfectly normal and understandable to be unsure as to what operation you want. I've heard of lots of people going to see the consultant wanting a certain operation and then changing their mind once they've seen them. I can't state for certain as I'm pre - op but I'm of the understanding that the consultant will not only discuss the various operations with you but will suggest whats best for you based on your past history and current eating habits. Remember however that it's important that you make a decision together.

HTH xxx

Hiya i went to see my surgeon wanting a band to be then told that no way would he give me one cause it would fail, due to my eating habbits. He then gave me a choice of bypass and a sleeve, i have since then done alot of research and asked on here and i feel for me the bypass would be more beneficial to me as i have said due to the fact i comfort eat:( Start my milk diet on thursday so am looking forward to the surgery.
Just to let you know my surgeon recommended the sleeve for me then changed his mind to bypass cause im diabetic. My inital reaction was omg no way but found talking on here and reading as many diaries as i can im very happy with my decision now:)

Good luck with whatever you decide on:)
Sharon:) xx

How wonderful that you were referred. I too was undecided about the bypass or a band but the surgeon said with my eating habits, a bypass was best.

I had my bypass last Friday morning. I was home by Sunday and I am a stay at home mum of 3 kids (3 year old twins and an 11 year old). My husband normally lives and works away during the week and he has been home and I am sending him on his way tomorrow. I am feeling that good.

Best of luck!

Thanks ladies.. its all very exciting & daunting!!

I know it could be months/years away but its good to be taking the first step towards my goal! x

Good luck with whatever choice is made xxx

Back