• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

softly scrambled eggs

katherineo1

Self Esteem
Yesterday I didnt have time for my porridge breakfast so when I got to work the chef very kindly made me a soft scrambled egg which I thought I would be able to eat no problem. To be honest i forget I been banded half the time although I do blend up most of my food, so what happened was a real wake up call. I only had two mouthfulls and I felt like there was a rock in my chest I felt very anxious as I thought I might be sick! (I havent been sick yet quite phobic about it). I have no restriction yet I go for first one on the 3rd June. Its my own fault as it wasnt sloppy consistency but it was very soft and mushy. Anyway maybe eggs are going to be one of my no no foods.
Just wondered if anyone else has had this experience Ive heard white bread, rice, and pasta are no nos but not eggs.

Im a bypass girl and scrambled eggs went down a treat but I tried a soft boiled egg and it stayed with me all day! Sorry cant be of more help. Maybe you ate it too quickly?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you had this experience, it does sound like you either ate it too quickly or had too big a mouthful. From my own personal experience I have not had trouble with eggs in any form from the beginning.

Sometimes in the mornings the band can feel tighter, so this might also be the problem.

I am sure other banders will also give some good advice soon.

im a bypass, and ive had trouble with scrambled eggs, always gets stuck and i have to bring it back. Omlettes i can eat, but not too much. So strange!

eggs are tricky for me some days i can manage them other days not, i find scrambled egg is more tolerable if eaten with a little chopped tinned tomatoes as it stops the egg sticking.

liz x

Im a bypasser, but I cant eat scrambled eggs very well. I had 2 2 egg omelette the other day and managed a quarter of it and it went down better than a 1 egg scrambled egg?! It is weird but try it again in a week or so...it depends on the day and the time of day for me.

Good luck! x

Band questions.

Katherine what happened when you ate the scrammbled eggs?

Also what happens when you are eating, do you know when you have had enough, eaten to much or food doesn't agree with you?

Band questions.

Katherine what happened when you ate the scrammbled eggs?

Also what happens when you are eating, do you know when you have had enough, eaten to much or food doesn't agree with you?
Hi Liz well I am finding it a bit hard to know when Im full but I think I still eat to fast as someone suggested. But I do actually fill up really quickly now .. before I would eat two huge plates of food and then some now a yogurt fills me up lol!
Its happened again since the scrambled egg with a piece of chicken (which I shouldnt have attempted but my eyes are greedier than my belly and selfwill) and I can only describe it as feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest. x

Back