• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused

Dee friel

Having returned from a wonderful holiday and whilst there feeling my trouser/jeans were a little big on me, i ventrued into my local sainsburys and grabbed a size 12 bootlegged jeans and made my way to the changing room. I looked at the jeans hanging on the hanger with fear but thought no i am going to try and just face my dissapiontment at home. To my amazment the slipped up over my ample hips , button slipped into the whole and zip went up. No need for lying in a bed and pulling for dear life. I grinned and felt amazed , put them back on the hanger and walked out ( no money post holiday). Over the last 24 hours i convined myself that it was a one off, the Tu range must come up big and i am kidding myself, so this evening i went to Tesco ( last of the big spenders me ). I took 3 pairs of jeans into the chnaging room and a normal work type pair. First pair to try , another bootleg, they fitted. Second pair a normal straight fit , they fitted , thrid pair a skinny pair ( no way i hear you say) , they fitted. Lastly the work pair of non denim trousers , they fitted . Shocked , i returned them all to the racks ( still no money). Why confused you ask? Well sized 12 jeans are worn by slim people and i dont see a slim person when i see myself in my head. Yes i do get shocked by reflection sometimes and loved all my holiday photo's cos they caught me at a good angel but how can i be a sized 12 on my bottum half. Top half still 14-16 thanks to saggy boobs etc and cant see much change there despite wanting another 18 pounds off. I am really that person i have looked at over the years and longed to be?

Last edited:
Wow how nice to get into the jeans!
I dont think sainsburys do come up larger at all.

Well done on your loss its really great

Jane x

Dee. You have just hit such a raw nerve with me. I'm at the beginning of my journey and feel success stories belong only to other people, ive just blogged in my diary - banners diary section - title begins Big Bird ........ Reading your post so soon after writing mine gives me hope. Btw, slim people don't wear size 12, people who are size 12 do!!! Pleased for you. Tracey xxx

That is me in reverse... I am in size 16 tops but 18/20 bottoms... The apron is just never going to go away !!!

Good luck- you have done well

Well done, I bet it's a great feeling when you realise you're finally getting into those smaller sizes
Em xxxx

Back