• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG

Mrs Quiggle

Went to buy new jeans in BHS after work today. Wanted the next size down to the ones I already had. Found the only size 14 on the rail with straight legs as I've been holding my size 16s up with a belt for ages and felt I should move down a size. Anyway, turns out they were comfort fit and too big in the leg so the lovely sales assistant found me a slim fit pair as I have thin hips and legs, always have had. Well not quite as slim as now lol. Anyway she guided me over to the Dorothy Perkins and Wallis section and I'm thinking, Oh no, this is no good, I can't do Dorothy Perkins they are for skinnies. She gave me a pair of 14 skinny legs and also a 14 skinny in Wallis and just to please her I went to the dressing room to try them on. Can't believe they were both too big and I had to send the boy giving out the number things to ask for a size 12. Nearly cried when both the 12s fitted. Came out with the Wallis ones which were about an inch smaller on the waist than the DP ones but had a higher waist band which suited me better. I gave the boy a hug on the way out and also the assistant who helped me with them. She couldn't believe it when I told her I was a size 24 jeans from Evans in October last year.

I'm so pleased with myself and I still have 38 pounds to go to goal. Think I'm going to end up being a size 10. Still can't quite believe it. :D:D:D

Kate x

Congratulations - thats brilliant xx

Fantastic!!! I was grinning like mad reading that :D x

It has always been my dream to wear something from Wallis so you have just given me the inspiration, Mrs Quiggle, that one day I might !!!

Hope you are loving your 12's :)

Went to buy new jeans in BHS after work today. Wanted the next size down to the ones I already had. Found the only size 14 on the rail with straight legs as I've been holding my size 16s up with a belt for ages and felt I should move down a size. Anyway, turns out they were comfort fit and too big in the leg so the lovely sales assistant found me a slim fit pair as I have thin hips and legs, always have had. Well not quite as slim as now lol. Anyway she guided me over to the Dorothy Perkins and Wallis section and I'm thinking, Oh no, this is no good, I can't do Dorothy Perkins they are for skinnies. She gave me a pair of 14 skinny legs and also a 14 skinny in Wallis and just to please her I went to the dressing room to try them on. Can't believe they were both too big and I had to send the boy giving out the number things to ask for a size 12. Nearly cried when both the 12s fitted. Came out with the Wallis ones which were about an inch smaller on the waist than the DP ones but had a higher waist band which suited me better. I gave the boy a hug on the way out and also the assistant who helped me with them. She couldn't believe it when I told her I was a size 24 jeans from Evans in October last year.

I'm so pleased with myself and I still have 38 pounds to go to goal. Think I'm going to end up being a size 10. Still can't quite believe it. :D:D:D

Kate x

I am sooo pleased for you Kate. That must have been a great feeling. Looking forward to size 12 next year as I'm 24 jeans now ( thought I'm holding them up with a belt at the moment lolol)

Really is emotional stuff isn't it! Good on you for what you have achieved and skinny jeans...perfect to show off your new slimline body :) xx

Wow! I bet you was so excited walking out that shop!! I'm hoping you did a heel kick in the air!! That's what I'm going to do when I reach a size 12 :D x

Wowsers, what a fab feeling that must be for you Kate. You've done so well :)

xxx

That's fantastic Kate , I'm 11weels post op & still can't envisage me doing that . I just don't seem to be going through the sizes really quickly like everyone says xx

That's fantastic Kate , I'm 11weels post op & still can't envisage me doing that . I just don't seem to be going through the sizes really quickly like everyone says xx

You will Cheryl. You're body's still adjusting and healing, getting used to it. I have been a really slow loser but when I look at the big picture it really doesn't matter. I've been fat for 30 years and how ever long it takes to get healthy it doesn't matter. Even though I only lose about a pound a week I've still lost 6 stones in 6 months which I'm really pleased about. Keep chugging along lovely xxx

not long now for your surgery. Best of luck. Wendy

Thanks Kate , I'm just impatient lol . I know it will happen in my heart , I just struggle to see it xx

pandora said:
Thanks Kate , I'm just impatient lol . I know it will happen in my heart , I just struggle to see it xx

You've done good so far so it will happen x

I feel the same way too Pandora, despite my good losses I'm still in 32s. Good thing is they fall nicer on my body, but I'm definitely not down to the 30s. A lot of it is my body shape - I am supremely pear and the top of my hips don't want to shrink, lol.

I feel the same way too Pandora, despite my good losses I'm still in 32s. Good thing is they fall nicer on my body, but I'm definitely not down to the 30s. A lot of it is my body shape - I am supremely pear and the top of my hips don't want to shrink, lol.

We sound very similar shape Yves. I've lost just over three stones since my heaviest and although a litle has gone from my backside, most has gone from the waist up. Consequently, I have to get really big sizes to fit over my bum and hips - but they are enormously baggy on top. My favourite pair of trousers are a size 36/38 which fit great on my butt - however, I've had to take the waist in over 6 inches - they now have a series of 'darts' every three inches all the way around lol. I'm around a size 26 (if not smaller from the waist up. The trousers look fine on, but very odd when I hold them up and look at their shape now.

I bet it was a wonderful feeling, well done

Back