• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton/SW Essex - I'M SO EXCITED! - or should I be???

kurvykaren

Hi Guys!
Well after my assessment day at Homerton back in August I got a letter today saying that the Multidisciplinary team have reviewed my (and my hubbys for those that know we're both going for it) cases and it's been agreed that we will both have a gastric bypass! Great news on a dreary Monday morning!
The letter says that shortly we'll receive a an appt to attend a group session called 'preparing for surgery', and we'll be weighed to see if we're making progress losing some weight (I think I'd better go into starvation mode as it hasn't happened so far!)
Then when we get a date for surgery we'll go for a pre-admission appointment.

But I have a question that I hope someone can answer - does this mean that SW Essex PCT have approved our funding too? Surely they wouldn't carry on with planning appointments if they're waiting for funding agreement.

I'm really excited that it's all going the right way, but I'm just scared that we're not completely safe yet and I'm counting my chickens so to speak!

Can anyone enlighten me. If you're gonna burst my bubble thats fine, I'd rather know now than later!

Thanks for reading my very long post! xx

Hi Karen,

Congratulations :) Homerton and Essex have an agreement for people who meet their criteria and they are usually automatically funded - but speak to Diane who deals with all the admin and she'll be able to confirm whether or not this is the case for you.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely ring Diane to check. It's a bit hard getting hold of her sometimes - and I'm pretty impatient lol!
Sounds promising! x x

I phoned the hospital and spoke to Diane and this morning she'd booked our surgery date - 21 February!! Both together! Am so excited I'm on cloud nine hundred and nine! My mum said it's very weird to be excited about having an operation, but I told her its the life beyond that I'm excited about! Gonna put up a new post to share my good news!

Brilliant news Karen! I'm so pleased for you!

Back