• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confusion all over.

farzu

Ok, I called my Old practice (Thanks to Amanda and Julie for the suggestion.) to check if i was still their patient as i was not getting any letters from the hospital (for fertility and dietitian). The admin said that I was. When i said that i have moved from there and only came 0.6 miles they on the next road he very rudely said that they don't cover that area and its too far. My Old GP Dr. Fisher already referred me to the Dietitian a long time ago, which i just found out today. So, I'm not sure now if the person from the Admin changed my details or just kept my old address. I can go to the Old GP but won't be able to use the old address any more and won get the letters. I have already changed my addresses with the hospital. I'm so confused what to do now.

Farzu

Call the old GP surgery back and ask for the name of the practice manager and then ask to speak to them. Ask the practice manager for clarity regarding your referrals for fertility and dietician and to what address had they sent any correspondance. Also ask what address they gave the hopsital to contact you on.

Ask the names and departments to whom the referals were made and what dates they were made and the consultants contact details.

When you have all this information, contact the consultants secretaries at the hospital and explain to them you have not received any correspondance from them as you have changed address. Give them the correct details, including your new gp details and ask them to send you out new appointments :)

Make sure you have a pen and paper (doh lol) and also all the information you will need to give the secretaries.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info guys... I checked with my old GP and till today i was a patient there. I am still not sure if they removed me from the practice or not. My question is If my Old GP agrees to refer me for WSL and the i move to my new my GP, will to work? They are in the same PCT.

I managed to get an appointment with my Old GP for next week thursday. I am very excited about that. Now, because i'm still a patient there, my letters are going to go to the old address. If i redirect the letters, will it work?

yes but redirects will take at least a week to come into force

Thank you very much. I will redirect the letters today. My appointment is next week thursday so i think i have enough time. Hope this time i will get my GP to refer me for surgery :D I am very excited.

yayyyyy.. am so glad you're finally getting somewhere!

least once you chase up the appointments in the meantime before going to see dr next week, then you have something to work at and make sure you take that letter you wrote - with you to dr at old surgery and make sure you tell them all the rigamarole the 'new gp' has put you through..

you dont need the additional stress..

thinking of you {{{{ Huggles }}}}

Back