• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

considering band

kay1

ive been considering having a gastric band, i have at least 7 st to lose and have some health problems related to my weight i was wondering how painful the op was and are the fillers painful?

hi kay, the band is painfull for the 1st week due to wind but its gets better, the fills are no more painfull than having a nurse take blood was the best thing ive ever done, but the band requires extreme will power with certain foods such as sugared foods, your surgeon will discuss all that side of things with you.

liz xxx

Good luck I am having a band (Finger crossed) and have around 7 stone to lose too.
I have been told teh bypass was a better solution for my problems but I knwo with will power and teh band as a tool I can do this.
I know as all of us do that this is not a quick fix and the weight will not on its own fall off. The band just helps to reduce wheat you eat but it does not stop you putting something in your mouth.
Good luck x

Thank you for your comments i was worried about the fillers but that doesnt sound as bad as i thought. Do you have to stop eating certain foods or does it vary from person to person?
fatbutnot4eva fingers crossed you get your band.

I had 6.5 stone to loose and had my band fitted 30th April. I have now lost nearly 5 stone (2lb off) and it is the best thing I ever did.

If you are worried about fills don't be but you can go to healthier weight who do the easy band which means fills are done remotely rather than with saline.

Hi Kay and :welcome2:to minis.I did'nt have too much pain when I had my band op. My fills are done under x-ray and its only a little scratch like having an injection or bloods took.I have around 7 stone to lose too and have lost 3st 13lb since my pre op diet in april and my op in may.The only regret I have is that I did'nt have it earlierxx

well done everyone you have all done so well with your weight loses. thank you all for welcoming me, your comments have been very helpful, i think if i am going to have a band i should tackle my eating demons first, so hopefully i can start losing weight.

not a bander myself but just wanted to welcome you to Minis and wish you good luck in your WLS :D

Hello & welcome to minis - I had a band fitted 10 Aug so just 2 1/2 week's post op & i'm already thinking it's the best thing i've ever done, lost 25lb since pre op

hi i had my band nearly a year ago i didnt find it painful after first few days but i didnt duffer with wind so i know it can take a week or so. my fills have never hurt. iv lost 7st in the year but still have another 4 i want to loose best thing i ever did but you do need good will power. i cant eat bread pasta/rice fish and some meats but it does vary from person to person

not a bander myself but just wanted to welcome you to Minis and wish you good luck in your WLS :D

Thank you all the best in your wls too

omg kandeechops thats amazing congratulations

I love pasta and rice, how long are you on puree food for?

omg kandeechops thats amazing congratulations

I love pasta and rice, how long are you on puree food for?

Thank you, I'm now into my 3rd week post op & have 3 week's to go on fluid/puree diet. Then i have my 1st fill & hopefully will start to eat again.......My weight loss is from the start of my pre op which i started on 31st July :)

Back