• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long?

cah-ching

How long does it take for the stomach to calm down after a band fill.

I'm supposed to be on solids today. I've had a sip of protein shake and it was a little painful and discomforting and made me feel sick.

Just wondering?

Tah :)

I think it varies and depends on your stress levels as well as from person to person.
I always have been OK the next day but I don't remember being told to have liquids then mushies etc for anything more than the day of the fill...mind you it's a very long time since I had an actual fill now.
Then you have people like Tranquil who have a marathon after fill regime to complete.
If you feel it's overly affecting you and you aren't feeling how your provider predicted you should be, it isn't going to hurt to call them and flag up what's happening as you need your proper nourishment.

I was told liquids only on the day of the fill, then mushies the second day, and back to normal the third day but I can never manage this, I have to stay on liquids for a couple of days then mushies for a couple of days....

I have fluids only for 2 days, then mushies for a couple of days gradually moving onto firmer food, so after a couple of weeks I'm back to normal. As I mentioned in the other post I felt a huge difference with this last one, bringing up scrambled egg and salmon (at different times) when I had previously found them fine. It took a couple of weeks before I felt back to normal.

Everyone is different CC, I would listen to your body, if it wants a couple more days on fluids let it have them. However, if you're really worried you could ring for advice. I hope things settle soon chick xx

Back