• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constant painful boobs

Jamast

Does anyone else who has lost massive amounts of weight have permanently painful boobs?

I've lost 16.5 stones so far and my breasts have just about disappeared. I have what I can only describe as 'spaniel ears' (not hairy though). There is no fat in them whatsoever and as a result they do hang very, VERY low. It is impossible to go braless as they really do hang down. I can round them up, (in fact I could flipping roll them up). So I do have to wear a bra all the time. Even in bed, I have to wear a soft seamless bra as they get in the way of simple things such as moving, turning etc.

During the day I wear something with a little bit of support. I can't go without a bra, so I have to sort of gather my empty breast sacks up, adjust as best I can and position them in the cups. But whatever I do, I am in constant pain with my breasts. Not just a bit sore but damn painful (and they are even worse when my period is due.

Does anyone else get the same?

Hiya not lost that much as yet but my boobs are disappearing and I have pain under/in my armpit constantly. Oh and yes I describe my boobs as spaniel ears, empty bags, flaps ect but I have to say when I lost 10 stone about 9 years ago they were worse and painful think it was down to malnutrition and too much exercise.....dunno just a guess, I was exercising 5 times a week for about 90 mins per session, not eating or taking more that 2 pts of fluid a day (so was probably my fault).... This time I've had a bypass, vitamins and minerals and my fluid intake is huge. If you find out why let me know.

Other obesity forums have ladies with this issue and some gave been told it's to do with the nerves which sounds about right. Wear a supportive bra and hopefully it will settle down.

Does anyone else who has lost massive amounts of weight have permanently painful boobs? I've lost 16.5 stones so far and my breasts have just about disappeared. I have what I can only describe as 'spaniel ears' (not hairy though). There is no fat in them whatsoever and as a result they do hang very, VERY low. It is impossible to go braless as they really do hang down. I can round them up, (in fact I could flipping roll them up). So I do have to wear a bra all the time. Even in bed, I have to wear a soft seamless bra as they get in the way of simple things such as moving, turning etc. During the day I wear something with a little bit of support. I can't go without a bra, so I have to sort of gather my empty breast sacks up, adjust as best I can and position them in the cups. But whatever I do, I am in constant pain with my breasts. Not just a bit sore but damn painful (and they are even worse when my period is due. Does anyone else get the same?

We store oestrogen in our fat cells, because you've lost so much weight you've flooded your body with extra oestrogen. I've just had a mirena coil fitted in advance of my surgery as I know it'll happen to me again. The painful boobs, painful periods extra were all down to an imbalance, not doing that again!! You could go on a contraceptive pill, see if that helps??

Back