• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you wear a medical alert bracelet?

Dell

Or similar?

I have been advised to, which makes sense as its nowhere on my hospital records as we go to a different NHS Trust here, to have our ops.

However, they are either REVOLTING or expensive and apparently not very hard wearing.

I have a few Tiffany bracelets one of which I wear daily and was going to hang a tag from them when I wear them, but would it just look like a regular bracelet? Also some of the prettier bracelets with beads etc, are not V obvious either.

And then there is the question, does anyone actually REALLY check for one?

Thanks!

I was wondering about this too as it seemed to me like people should know... I guess you get so many different types of diabetes bracelts that they should look if you wear anytype of bracelet but who knows
*watches eargly for an answer*

MY daughter bought me one, its still in box in drawer never worn. personally i think its a waste of money, but we are all diffrent. e bay one for £3 sounds good

I wear one I got from ICEgems online company. It cost £50 but there are various prices. I think it is a good idea to wear one because if we need to have a camera down in an emergency then it has to be a special one otherwise they risk damaging our pouches.

i wear a dog tag, but its a nice one, it cost me £37 its stainless steel, includes engraving and chain, and even 2 paper bits to put into a bag and a purse with info on. i got it from i think its called international medical, summat like that they do advertise on here though, im really pleased with mine,

Sounds like a good idea to me . . . had not thought about it until now but think I will investigate.

i had not even thought about this

I got the plaque for mine from Universal Medical ID but made my bracelet from 9 ct gold beads

In fact it's been restrung 3 times - and I have a little collection of spare beads lol

The important thing is to put "no blind NG tube" if you have an RNY -

And your NHS number because then your details can be accessed anywhere.

Also add ICE numbers to your mobile _ICE in case of emergency

As to whether they are looked at or for - if you are unconscious - anything might be useful

I also have a card in my purse with my op details on

xxx

I will be investing at some point. If i need a Ng tube or some other foreign medical equipment down my throat they need to know not to use the adult size and worry about my little pouch!

Be nice if i can find a pretty one :) xx

Back