• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation remedy

Grace

I know a few people have been really sufferring with this recently.
I've begun drinking 0% fat Actimel yoghurt drinks (also very low in sugar) and they are really helping me. I haven't needed to take a senekot tablet for a week. :)

I just thought I'd pass the tip on as it may be helpful to those of you struggling.

The Actimel drinks are only 100mls or thereabouts. 3 gulps and they're gone!

No gulping! It hurts like hell.... xx

oh charis, funny you should mention them, i bought some last week, the strawberry ones, they were the lowest sugar ones i could find, and ive been ok this week, i hadnt made the connection, but its got to be them. nice one, theyre on offer in tesco, 2 packs for £4 which is two weeks worth, so i think theyre cheap, specially if they have the desired effect. i didnt buy them for that, i just thought theyd make me feel better, lol, well theyve sure done that alright. lol. hugs xx

No gulping! It hurts like hell.... xx

LOL you're quite right Julie! No gulping! But they don't take much getting down is what I meant to say!

oh charis, funny you should mention them, i bought some last week, the strawberry ones, they were the lowest sugar ones i could find, and ive been ok this week, i hadnt made the connection, but its got to be them. nice one, theyre on offer in tesco, 2 packs for £4 which is two weeks worth, so i think theyre cheap, specially if they have the desired effect. i didnt buy them for that, i just thought theyd make me feel better, lol, well theyve sure done that alright. lol. hugs xx

I've had the strawberry, raspberry and peach and mango flavours. All very nice and low in sugar. But yes, best of all, they seem to keep you regular!:D So much better and more normal than taking laxatives.
Happy to help!:)

ooh thats really good to know. Thanks Charis x

Thanks Charis 'cos I suffer terribly with constipation now & was dreading what I'd be like after my bypass!!

Back