• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation ???

SOPHIE2

hi all
i was banded in dewsbury by mr bapat a week ago tommorow (wed) and havn't had any problems until today - constipation!!! I don't know whether to take a dulcolax and hope for the best? what have others done? any advice would be welcome. Otherwise i'm counting myself lucky as i seem to have escaped bad wind and everything is healing well. Gonna have a little drive tommorow just to see how i am, also start the puree stage in the morning. Take care x:)

Constipation was something I never suffered with pre op. However post op I have had a few bouts and the best thing for me is fybogel hi-fibre orange. One sachet in the morning and one in the evening and it does the trick for me. Otherwise keep your fluid intake up - water - it helps to keep you regular:D.

I think like everything else you may have to try a few different things to find one that suits you.

HTH

tranquil x

Hi

I never suffered until after the op either, I was advised not to have fybogel as it swells in the tummy but this might be different for you as I had a bypass not a band but thought I would mention it,

Hope you get sorted soon x

hi all
i was banded in dewsbury by mr bapat a week ago tommorow (wed) and havn't had any problems until today - constipation!!! I don't know whether to take a dulcolax and hope for the best? what have others done? any advice would be welcome. Otherwise i'm counting myself lucky as i seem to have escaped bad wind and everything is healing well. Gonna have a little drive tommorow just to see how i am, also start the puree stage in the morning. Take care x:)

Hi Sophie and :welcome2:- Constipation is quite normal to most wls patients; once you start eating a little it should ease. Good idea to have some medication for it, if you have it in, it will help you until your able to go naturally.

Pleased everything seems to have settled down for you after surgery, just take it easy when you first go out and drive. Changing gear might be the most difficult (may strain your tummy a bit) so take care and listen to your body!

There are quite a number of threads on here related to banders, you are welcome to come and join any. It helps understanding how others cope with different stages.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

OMG, I sh*t for England when I first came out post-op, then I was bunged up on & off for weeks.....it's one of those undignified episodes that you stoically put down to 'experience' afterwards...once you finally get back to normal which unfortunately can take weeks....in the meantime, plenty of fluids, Movical is wondrous (no horrid belly griping pains), or whatever else you have been recommended by your provider! Rest assured, finally your poop patterns will eventually go back to as normal as they will ever be be post-op, even if it's not the same as pre-op, lol! xxx

Ooooh good thread.

Ive not been in 4 days now but its not causing me an issue as yet.

Ill get some Movical tomorrow from town.

Back