• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help plz anyone ie constipation and movicol

pinkylin

I have been suffering with bad constipation since b4 crimbo i am goin he loo every 2 days but its only a tiny bit and i still feel so bunged up im thinkin it could be down to my anti depresants but im not sure.

I have been givin movicol and I took 1 and nothing so I took another the next day and still nothing how many should i take it says take 8 in a day for being impacted but im not so should i carry on trying it maybe 2 a day or go bk my docs and see if he can give me something dif ?

Also i have for the last month or so every few days suffered with really painfull trapped wind on the left handside wer my pouch is the only thing that helps it is a hot water bottle and a lie down again i havnt a clue apart from my meds that could be causing this coz my diet hasnt changed latley so it cant be that any help would be fab ta lin.x

p.s I hope you all had a fab crimbo mine was quite and ok but not the best iv had but i now have my bday to look forward to this month im hoping that will be good although not sure on what i will be doin since i dont enjoy goin for a meal anymore lol

thinnerangela

I would increase the movicol a bit till you go!!
And increase fluids if you can. I think constipation is the bloomin most miserable thing in the world - so uncomfy and unnecessary!!

Hope you get relief soon

Love and hugs

xxx

Grace

Actually pet you probably are impacted; that's why you're only going tiny bits. Your pain could also be constipation. I was so poorly with this after my second op; Iwas actually crying it was so awful! so i have so much sympathy for you.
increase the movicol, up your fluids as much as you can 3 litres of water a day minimum!
Then....stay close to the loo for a few days!

I hope you feel better soon pet.
Grace xxx

pinkylin

thanx girls but in desparation ths morning i took one lil square of xlax and i have just gone it still didnt seem enough tho but i think i will have 2 movicol later see if that helps can you take 2 powders together in a drink or 1 at a time?

Grace

Don't see why you couldn't take 2 at once. It's just moe fluid isn't it?
it took about 4 days for it to work with me...but OH the relief!
I'm going to take it more regularly now! :):eek:

dottychic

Hope you get some relief soon! Its horrible being constipated, Ive had a little bit of it since surgery but thankfully Ive managed to go without any outside help! I try and eat more fruit and started having weetabix again because I had stopped taking my Iron as I should and thats bad! Im now taking it every day again :D XX

angie790

I think the box recommends 2 a day to get you moving, but if you are impacted, then 8 satchets in 1 litre of water should get you moving. Like all the others have suggested, really up your fluid intake too, it does help. Once you've got going, you can keep taking the Movical if you feel you need it to keep you regular, plus looking at ways of increasing fibre/roughage in your diet to help keep you regular. Be careful of taking additional laxatives with the Movicol though, or you may find they only place you'll be moving is to the bathroom all day! xxx

pinkylin

oh no i wouldnt take xlax on the same day as movicol lol i onlky took that coz i knw for a fact it works over the crimbo i tried movicol and lactolose not on the saem day ofcourse lol and both of them didnt help at all so i think what i will do tmoz is have a movicol in the morning and again in the afternoon and maybe one in the eve and see if that helps any and i will try my very best to up my water intake i dont drink enough i knw i dont and im defo not geting enough fibre and as for my iron tabs i wont take em coz they make me ill and they constipate me even more but thanx for all ya advice guys lin.x

Zionaka

sorry that you are having such discomfort.

i find that rather than trying to treat constipation I try to avoid it, for example, dried apricots, lots of water and fruits help me. I dont go everyday and maybe just a few times for the week, but have no discomfort or bloating.

Dried prunes are also good.

cah-ching

I have been suffering with bad constipation since b4 crimbo i am goin he loo every 2 days but its only a tiny bit and i still feel so bunged up im thinkin it could be down to my anti depresants but im not sure.

I have been givin movicol and I took 1 and nothing so I took another the next day and still nothing how many should i take it says take 8 in a day for being impacted but im not so should i carry on trying it maybe 2 a day or go bk my docs and see if he can give me something dif ?

Also i have for the last month or so every few days suffered with really painfull trapped wind on the left handside wer my pouch is the only thing that helps it is a hot water bottle and a lie down again i havnt a clue apart from my meds that could be causing this coz my diet hasnt changed latley so it cant be that any help would be fab ta lin.x

p.s I hope you all had a fab crimbo mine was quite and ok but not the best iv had but i now have my bday to look forward to this month im hoping that will be good although not sure on what i will be doin since i dont enjoy goin for a meal anymore lol

I take macrogol too. However 1 sachet won't do the business for you honey. You need to take it three times per day: 1 sachet with 125ml of water. Someone mentioned faecal impaction - packet suggests taking 8 sachets (each sachet dissolved in 125ml of liquid) within 6 hours.

I've taken two in one hit. As TOTM effects my ability to .... :whistle: (TMI :eek: - sorry).

Anyway make up 8 sachets (in 900ml of liquid) and sip over the next 6 hours. I have the flavour free variety having endured 2 big boxes of chocolate flavour. I make mine up with Robinson's NAS Lemon as everything else is simply yuk!

HTHs???

cah-ching

P.S - have a warm bath to relax your muscles (if you know what I mean).

Zionaka is right prevention is better than cure - she has some great tips there :)

Exercise helps move the bowels too (I'm not insinuating or anything!). :)

pinkylin

thanx guys i have upped my liquid intake and im pleases to say i went b4 and it wasnt hard thank god so movicol defo kickin in now i will defo try the fruit tho not sure about prunes but i supose prune juice would work just the same wouldnt it but id check the sugar in it first coz i dont wanna dump lol will keep u all informed as to what is working lin.x

teen

post op loser
I was given movicol and took 5 a day and its helped me loads I take them now and again if I dont go