• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation :(

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I am constipated to within an inch of my life. I feel sick and bloated and sore and yuck. I have tried everything I possibly can, and nothing is working. :cry::cry::cry:

Everything on constipation says eat more fresh fruit and veg (am hardly having any cos i have to try to increase my calories), drink lots of water (morning sickness has seen put to that), exercise (I'm disabled), eat prunes/apricots (too high in sugar).

I've been having loads of benefibre every day. Tried senokot hi fibre (like fibrogel) last night and it wouldn't stay down. Tried a glyerol supp last night and that didn't work. :cry:

Am seeing my GP this morning for my jab so will talk to him about it but i just needed to vent. I spend more time on the toilet than anywhere else right now and nothings moving! :cry:

sorry to hear your suffering like this, its a horrible feeling, fingers crossed the gp can give you something to unbung you this morning.

i hope you feel better soon.

liz x

Hi there, I hope the GP can help ypu, constipation is not nice...:(

Hope you feel better soon....:)

Ask for some lactulose - it works a treat! I keep getting it, and use that and it works within a day.

well have been to see GP, and promptly burst into tears at him! He's given me some enemas and some Movecol so we are attacking things from both ends ;)

Have managed to go a little bit since, but it was sooo painful and I went all funny afterwards and nearly passed out on the loo :(

Awwwe Shell, hope this gets better now you have the weapons...

And remember, don't force it....however desperate you feel to get it out ;)

hi have you tried lactalose you can get it on perscription or over counter it is a syrup i used it after birth and on my children.
constipation is horrible and can be painful and this always works for me

Be careful as Lactulose is full of sugar.

Be careful as Lactulose is full of sugar.

I asked my GP about that, and she said it has a small amount. I use it regularly, and havent dumped. I think its worth a go - better than being constipated x

Oh Shel - sorry your having trouble with your end of bowel movements it's not very pleasent. I wouldn't worry about crying in front of your doctor i'm sure he's seen plenty of that. Just take things in your stride and i'm sure things will move soon (for the better) hugs with fairy dust comes to you x

The movecol is supposed to be stronger than lactulose, as I'm impacted :(

Enema usually work well for when Impacted. Although they are not pleasent to administer, but result are good.

Aww, Shel this is your nightmare! So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I hope the meds the doc gave will do the trick. You can also try a mega dose of vit C tablets because it can help.

Hugs hun,
Nic:(

i use dulcolax... but i dont know if its okay after bypass, i know it has a sugary taste when i put it in my mouth... it works though!

.x.

It's not just the bypass though, it's the pregnancy too. Most OTC laxatives are not allowed as they can induce miscarriage :eek:

Feel better after going some earlier, just very sore.

Back