• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help feeling down keep being sick

Janeywanttoloosealot

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi everyone sorry to come on and moan but i feel really down today the first time since i had the bypass done 8th march. I keep trying to eat lumpy food and just carn't seem to manage it. I can only eat 3 mini weetabix for breaky as if i have any more i cannot eat all day. I am having half of a small tin of heinz soup for my dinner and the last 2 days i have tried to eat half a wwshepherds pie i only have about 4 teaspoons and it is like a brick in my stomach and i have to throw up. I am feeling really down and i know i have lost a lot of wheight and should be happy but i am feeling really washed out. I am sorry to go on and moan but i feel really sad. :(:(:(:(:(

just a note to say sorry ur feeling so low and unwell, ive not had the op, but just wanted to say try and keep ur chin up

you are still early days Janey and myself I could only eat 2/3 spoons even now I can only manage small amounts some days Like yesterday all I had was 1/2 piece of toast and 2 crumpets all day

You will get there in the end and soon your head will tell you when you are full I get a rumble and when I feel/hear it I no if I have more I will be sick lol

Take care

Hi,
I am so sorry your feeling like this, But to be honest with you I was exactally the same and I still struggle with food everyday, Its horrible, but The last 2 weeks for me has been a bit better, I think everyone goes through this and it really does just take time to get used to eating normal foods again.
I am sorry I'm not much of a help, But really do know what your going through and I am sure it will get better.
I found by eating soups for a couple of days helps, and then try again on the more lumpier foods. Somedays my stomach tolerates foods and then another day it doesn't, Just have to keep trying out differnet foods and going back to foods which you didn't do well on and see how it goes, Thats all I do.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Fab Weightloss by the way, Your doing Great! (((HUGS))x

Your doing brilliant hun. Keep ya chin up, we are all here for ya and we'll all struggle through together,

WOW you have lost loads. Well done, u must be so proud of yourself, i would be if i were you!

xxxxxxxx

im a bander im sorry i cant offer any advice, but i hope you feel better soon and i think things will improve as time passes by xxx

Your doing brilliently, we all struggle to eat what is required in the early days it does get better, i am only now managing what i call a reasonable portion, i was like you for several months due to complication, you will find what works best for you, some days you will eat more than others

So sorry to hear your feeling so down - you have done brilliantly and i'm sure you will have down days and up days just remember once a down day has gone it's over. Start afresh and try and be as positive as you can - just look in a mirror and smile. Take care and look after yourself x

Thankyou everyone for your advise and encouragment. I feel much better today and have cut my meal sizes down to 3 tsps at a time and my pouch feels alot less stressed. Thanks very much everyone:):):):)

Just keep ploding away hun, it's not an easy journey this but well worth it. I couldnt eat without being sick at least once a day for about 7 months. I had to live on liquids pretty much.

Oh yes I did get tired very easily. I found that I couldnt do anything to physical as I fatigued very quickly. I still do get a bit of a funny turn now if I exert myself to much, good job I'm single ........... lol. ;-)

glad ur feeling better, fab weight loss btw xx

Back