• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

consultant tomorrow

debi71

Hi peeps,

long time since i been here,
well i got funding within 2 days of my doc asking the PCT, which im pleased about.

and now 10 weeks later, i have my first appointment with the consultant,
i am quite nervous and really asking you all for help.
what am i going to be asked??
will i get an answer of yes/no there n then??
will i get a date there??
plz plz help answer some of my questions otherwise my mind will be going into overdrive all night

Thankyou

Debi xx

hi debi
at my consultation i got so nervous thinking i was gona have to beg for an op but it wasnt like that at all i went in was weighed and had height done then saw a dietician who went thru my eating habbits be really honest with them
i then went in to consultant who straight away befor i asked said he recommended me a bypass we discussed this op and the band and was told the dissition was mine and then i left your date comes thru later depending on waiting list but you can ask roughly how long and that was it for 6 mnths then had my letter for pre op i was shocked at how nice everyone was

thankyou serinity, at least youve answered some of my questions, was dead nervous, but sounds quite simple if thats all that happens xx

what am i going to be asked??

I was asked about my eating habits, and my health generally.

will i get an answer of yes/no there n then??

I did, and a decision on band or bypass

will i get a date there??

No, I got mine about 6 weeks afterwards.

Mine was harmless, spent some time with the consultant and the nurse. The one thing I wish I'd done was ask more questions cos I came away confused about time scales etc.

dont forget to ask about pre op/liver shrinking diet, also how long you will be in and what kind of followup you will get.
good luck sure everthing wil go fine
hc

how do they know about your liver, do they do a test before hand???
and what are fills, i really want to be a bit gend up before i go

thanks for all your replies so far, thankyou xxxx

Back