• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - I am seeing a consultant tomorrow.

AA1234

Hi everyone. I found you this evening and I am so happy I have. After long consideration and research I have finally decided to go for a gastric band op. I am seeing a consultant tomorrow (Dr Ashton) for a consultation and already have lots of questions ready. Does anyone have any advise on what I should be asking or finding out. I also have a few questions for people on here is you don't mind me asking.

1. How many people have you told about the op? Is it something I could keep form people?

2. Has it failed for anyone?

3. Anyone used Healthier Weight or other private clinics?

4. Anyone in the midlands/ Birmingham

Thank you for listening.

Hi there, good luck with your consultation. I went with The Hospital Group in Bromsgrove. They do a "Why go abroad" deal which starts at £4,950.

Hi Sue, welcome. Theres lots of us in the birmingham/ west mids area. Have a look on the walsall manor thread. Theres lots of local peeps on there at various different stages.

Good luck with your journey hun xx

Hi there I was positive I could keep it to myself but once had the op and came through okay I felt more able to tell. Good luck with your consultation tomorrow X

Hiya,
Welcome to minis.
I had a gastric bypass in December and I went with Healthier Weight and I also saw Dr Ashton, He is a lovely man and the team are great!!
Mr Ammori done my Bypass and I couldn't have asked for better the service was fantastic. I had mine done at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle nr Manchester and it was the best thing I have ever done.
As you can see from my ticker i have lost 4 and a half stone in just 4 months and I am feeling so much better.
I wish you the best of luck with your weightloss journey!

Hi everyone. I found you this evening and I am so happy I have. After long consideration and research I have finally decided to go for a gastric band op. I am seeing a consultant tomorrow (Dr Ashton) for a consultation and already have lots of questions ready. Does anyone have any advise on what I should be asking or finding out. I also have a few questions for people on here is you don't mind me asking.

1. How many people have you told about the op? Is it something I could keep form people?

i personally chose to tell everyone, as i felt i needed to so i could deal with the lifestyle changes a band brings, every one is different and its down to personal choice to expose yourself as banding is a private thing that some people do not understand.

2. Has it failed for anyone?

my 1st band failed after 3.5 years, not thro any thing i had done wrong, but was a manufacture fault, i now have a new band which was fitted last august and i have no regrets with banding in any aspect.

3. Anyone used Healthier Weight or other private clinics?

i was nhs banded both times so i cant advise on this question.

4. Anyone in the midlands/ Birmingham

Thank you for listening.

best wishes

liz x

hi there and welcome
I am from the West Midlands (Kingswinford) and I am going privately to Spire Parkway in Solihull. I am being banded on 15th April with Mr Paul Super. I have told a few 'friends' but i'm beginning to wish I hadnt. Some being supportive but a little bit of jealousy from some I think. Let me know how you are getting on and we can support each other. There are quite a few minimins with op dates coming up so it will be good to be in touch
Best wishes
JO XX

hiya, im also very new to the site! sorry cant answer many of your questions as im pre-op band in the north west but good luck with your appointment hope all goes well. I have only told close family and a couple of friends as i needed to sort childcare arrangements out! x

Hi everyone, I went for my consult today and feel very posstive after. Saw doctor Ashton and he was very good and explained all the different options. I have been offered teh chance to have the telemetric band in Manchester at the same price as the normal band in Birmingham. I am really tempted but I only live 10 mins from parkway in Solihull and with having 2 kids it would not be practical. I only have to wait a couple of weeks just need to sort out the money side and I can book. Thanks for all you answers it has helped me consider all the options.

Hi everyone, I went for my consult today and feel very posstive after. Saw doctor Ashton and he was very good and explained all the different options. I have been offered teh chance to have the telemetric band in Manchester at the same price as the normal band in Birmingham. I am really tempted but I only live 10 mins from parkway in Solihull and with having 2 kids it would not be practical. I only have to wait a couple of weeks just need to sort out the money side and I can book. Thanks for all you answers it has helped me consider all the options.

oh WOW the telemetric band you lucky thing. they are so fab and id loved to of had the option of having a one instead of the traditional type.
distance for travelling is a prob tho so best to stick locally.

liz x

what is the telemetric band?

Thanks Liz. Cant rep ya... sorry!

no worries x

hi there im new to this site and have got my date for surgery 7th july.im having my band fitted by mr super at the heartlands but am wondering how long i can expect to be in hospital for as i live 20 miles from the hospital.if anyone can help i would be grateful many thanks

It varies from overnite stay too 2/3 days.............am sure other ppl will be along to offer more info.........i am telling u from wot ppl i know have had bands

all the best - mejulie xx

thank you for that just need to sort out childcare.How do i get a tracker thing on my profile

GO TO THIS WEBSITE
Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

U CHOOSE UR DESIGN AND PUT YOUR WEIGHT & HEIGHT ETC (ITS SELF EXPLANATORY, AS YOU GO THROUGH THE STAGES) TAKES A MIN OR 2 AND THEN YOU COPY AND PASTE THE CODE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE WHICH IS UNDER USER CP AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IN THE BLUE HEADER (FIRST ONE ONE LEFT) AND SAVE IT ...........DONT CLOSE DIET TICKER PAGE DOWN UNTIL U SEE IT HAS WORKED, COZ IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THE WRONG CODE YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.

ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE XX

Back