• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contraception question???

ah lisa, i think i know what youo mean now hun, my womb was tilted to the back, so that it 'rested' on my spine, and that made my cervix very hard to get to, but my hubby had had the snip years before, so it wasnt a problem, but i had to have a hysterectomy cos i developed fibroids and with the way it was lying, it aggravated my spinal probs, best thing i ever did. lol. it would be easier if you were asleep when they did it, cos they woud probably hurt you if they managed to do it without. i hope you manage to get sorted out. what about if they just sedatd you, would that work do you think. hugs xx
I asked the same question about sedation..he winked and said no....If you saw the positions they put me in I am not surprised...
I really don't want to be knocked out at this weight....
I will try again to get one in before this op I think?

thank you Karen...if you lose 4 stone you have to have it changed...well that puts a new spin on things lol do I or don't I ..lol

i forgot to take 3days worth of pills and became pregnant with my 2nd child!!

After i gave birth to my daughter i had the implant. i have had it in a year now but about 7 months ago i got really paranoide thinking it had broke (my practice nurse also thought it had!) so went to clinic and it was fine. i asked if many people do become pregnant and she said only significant cases she's aware of is when the woman has lost a HUGE amount of weight.

For this reason i will not be having implant after my bypass!!

Jo xx

the only reason they warn about pregnancy after significant weightloss is becasue you body is suddenly releasing all the hormones thatw as stored in the fat lol
am hoping to try and get a mirena fitted soon, my other option is apparently the micronor pill, I have stopped taking my cerazette mini pill as i just never got rid of the bleeding side effect :( been just over a week since i stopped it and all good now :)

lisa, what if they could fit the coil at the same time as your bypass, would that work do you think, just an idea, probably a stupid one, but still an idea, lol

lisa, what if they could fit the coil at the same time as your bypass, would that work do you think, just an idea, probably a stupid one, but still an idea, lol
not a silly idea..I did wonder the same thing....
I will ask....I guess its an option. x

I had the same with the implant after 9 years on it, so changed to the depo jab and had the sane problem again so have had the mirena since Jan this year and since june have only had 1 period, they do say if can cause them to stop, yipee!!

I also have an update, women who use hormone methods of contraception are more likely to get gall stones x

i got the implant, had the depo years ago and put on so much weight, also had the pill after my son and fell pregnant but lost "flump" on 26th october 06 :(

xx

i am going to request the hormone free coil.
one of my friends had exactly the same issues as me with theimplant and cerrazette and now has the copper coil and says she feels much better with it.
must book my appointment lol

It does seem the coil looks like the best option then Nadine..
have you made your mind up yet???
I have had the injection, but not happy with it gonna get the coil or a couple of house bricks for the hubby xxx

I have had the injection, but not happy with it gonna get the coil or a couple of house bricks for the hubby xxx
:D:D:D
house bricks...lol.
I just read your other post ...sorry to see your poorly... x x
You would think they would take the gallbladder out when they do WLSurgery huh??
i hope your feeling better soon... x x

You would think they would take the gallbladder out when they do WLSurgery huh??

They used to but i guess they figured it wasn't necessary for everyone and it made everything quicker or something to leave it in there lol

Back