• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contraceptive Implant = Weight Gain

Fat Again

I'm considering having the contraceptive implant, but have been informed this could cause weight gain - maybe up to 1 stone !

The last thing I want to do is gain weight, that would really mess with my head, especially after coming so far with my weight loss.

Has anyone out there had a bypass and has the implant, It would be really helpful if I could hear any experiences, good or bad.

Many Thanks
xx

Hi Fa,

dont know if this is any help.....i had the implant and i put on about 1 1/2 stones :(
This was before surgery but as the implant works on your hormones i would have thought that if wouldn't make any difference...... it could affect you the same way but you should ask your doctor to make sure :)
HTH tasha xxx

I had one popped in 3weeks ago.....ive been on a weight stall for months now BUT havent gained so far!

To be honest I would rather put on a few lbs than fall preggers lol :eek:

I have the implant but am pre-surgery. I gained weight with the contraceptive injection, but never with the implant.

I think it must depend on the person, my daughter had it getting on for 2 yrs ago and she weighs less now than shes ever done and she hasnt dieted. :D XX

Good luck with this... I think the pill years ago increased my weight gain... hope there is perhaps some answers or solutions for alternatives if you are affected by weight gain.

Love and hugs always xxx

I havent had my op yet but ive had the implant and i gained 3 1/2 stone!! was the worst time of my life i gained it in around 2 months....

But when we think... most female contraceptives cause a weight gain dont they? i say no fair!! lol

xx

Hi

I'm not a bypasser but I had to have the contraceptive injection, then the implant, then hrt with a hormone injection as part of the treatment for endometriosis - none of it worked. I started out as 12 stone and ended up as 19 stone!

I was then too heavy to have any surgical treatment which is why I had the band. Personally if there is an alternative which suits you I would go for that x x

I wonder how many of us could put our weight problems down to hormone replacements (at least in part?). I have the depo injection and gain every time I have it- every 10-12 weeks. Its so demoralizing to see the numbers on the scales go up!

Back